• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

" The One"

TrapMan13

If you could pick any spot (lake, river, stream.. (not looking for detailed directions to your secret spot or anything.. unless you want to share it smile ) Which body of water would you head to to land a monster cat; n which species would you target??

Chad

If you could pick any spot (lake, river, stream.. (not looking for detailed directions to your secret spot or anything.. unless you want to share it smile ) Which body of water would you head to to land a monster cat; n which species would you target??

Chad

Amazon - Redtail Catfish.

South America would be cool for multi species. Realistically tho, rivers on the east coast like the Potomac or the James for blues. The Cumberland River in Tennessee also comes to mind for another trip sometime.

Time and money is all you need.

The MN River in Jordan, That's where I started fishing Flatheads and caught the most of them. I've fished pools 2, 3 for Flats, and that streach in Jordan was by far the most consistant, and easiest to fish.....too bad its almost an hour from my house! smirk

The MN River in Jordan, That's where I started fishing Flatheads and caught the most of them. I've fished pools 2, 3 for Flats, and that streach in Jordan was by far the most consistant, and easiest to fish.....too bad its almost an hour from my house! smirk

I'm not sure if I agree with 'easiest to fish' because of all the wood but it certainly is one of the toughest/dangerous to boat/navigate unless the water is high.

For numbers and trophy potential I'd have to say P2.

I'm not sure if I agree with 'easiest to fish' because of all the wood but it certainly is one of the toughest/dangerous to boat/navigate unless the water is high.

For numbers and trophy potential I'd have to say P2.

Having spent considerable time on both (Not Jordan for a few years) I'd have to disagree....Here's why.... The MN is a smaller river so you dont have to travel as far between spots so you dont need a big boat like you do on the Mississippi. So basically anyone can fish it. Its also MUCH easier to disect and find spots on the MN because its smaller. Given its size you can just go slow, and you dont have to worry about the wood in the water..... Plus, MOST of my big fish (40# plus) came from the MN river...NOT the Mississippi.

Well, you really only have 4 realistic options here. The Mississippi, the Croix, The MN, and the Red.

Put me in a boat in anyone of those 4, and I will be enjoying it. There are a good number of big fish in anyone of those rivers. Just spend some time getting familiar to that body of water, and you will be putting cats in the boat.

Yeah and just think, you can fish the river here for 10 years and still get skunked most of the spring. Yep, it's easy. grin

If we can fudge a little bit and count Manitoba, then you would be very hard pressed to surpass the quality AND quantity that the Red River of the North offers when it comes to cattin. It's EASILY the best catfishing I've personally experienced and continues to put out year after year.

A close second would be St Louis MO. It's common to spend a day on the Miss down there and boat over 30 blues with a real shot at one over 100lbs.

The MN River around here might offer a shot at a very nice Flathead but cannot hold a candle to either of those fisheries and what they offer.

If Flatheads only, then I would choose the Kaw river in Kansas.