• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

American Guns

Anyone else almost change the channel last night from having to watch and listen to that arrogant know it all big guy gunsmith!! If it wasn't for the ladies on the show I'm fairly confident I wouldn't watch it!!

You do realize his daughter is like 17 wink

Like all the other reality shows they take everyday problems and add the media dramma...Its what sells and makes money...
You have to ask why the Pawn Shop is the number one rated show. Maybe because it's just 4 "real" and funny guys who don't have to bust each others heads for no reason every 5 min's! I think people like that more then all the Krap the other shows try to make up between each other. Even the "Sons of Guns" is starting to add fake issues between everyone. To me it just takes away from the show and after a while I just stop watching them when they become more about who's fighting who and not about what the show is really about! frown

Watched it this week as was on the verge of deleting it a few minutes in after that control freak starts getting all over himself.

It is a direct rip off of Sons of Guns with out the office romance but plenty of work pace drama. But hey its not the first time discovery has done that.

I am going to keep watching for a while and hope fatty can blend in more and make it more about the guns than him.

Its all about the money with this guy. He flaunts his wife and daughter around like that with stacks of cash in his briefcase just for the show. It makes me wonder what kind of man he really is and where he picked up his wife. It wrong by my standards.

Its all about the money with this guy. He flaunts his wife and daughter around like that with stacks of cash in his briefcase just for the show. It makes me wonder what kind of man he really is and where he picked up his wife. It wrong by my standards.

Sorry, but to try and judged somebody's character based on a "reality" TV show is foolish at best. The only reality in it are the guns themselves.

I don't DVR it, but will watch it if its on and they are working on a cool gun. I like the variety of the classic/western/hunting guns versus that tactical equipment Suns of Guns works on. I like both, but don't go out of my way to watch either.

There are definitly other ways to get people to watch a show about guns. I like the history lessons and foriegn(sp) guns ive never heard of. Dressing like hoochie mamas is not needed. Heck look at swamp people. Im sure they have better ratings.

I guess im a little old fashion when it comes to family. Like i said thats my standards, no one else has to live up to them. I do apoligize if i jumped the gun a little about judging character.

While i like guns and enjoy learning about them, this show is about the biggest advertisement against normal gun owners and hunters. About 90% of the requested builds are a joke and end up being potential ammunition for the anti-gun movement. Most of the one-off builds are ridiculous, the sellers collections are waaaayyy over the top, and his tests with explosions are even worse. I saw the dual cannon episode recently with the chained cannonballs being shot out to a sentry tower. At the end you could watch the explosion frame by frame, see the initial detonation, followed by a secondary explosion, and then after it had completely exploded the chained balls enter the screen way down low. What. A. Joke.

I looked at their HSOforum one day, and they offer a bunch of different shooting courses. His son is one of the instructors, being a former spec ops soldier these would be the last guys I would ever let my family attend for hands on gun training, he might be a hellva a shot, but being 21 yr old, he doesn't have enough real world experience teaching anyone how to carry a gun. If you look up them on the BBB site, they have numerous complaints against..several situations where he tried to itimidate his customers. What a family!!

Something about this show I didn't care to watch. whether it was the fat know it all in the gunsmith shop, or the ego maniac owner who tries to low ball everybody. Not sure if the chemistry was not great or more than likely it just was not interesting.

I watched 2 episodes and then removed it from the DVR list.

Sons of Guns is a lot better, as long as they can keep the drama and soap opera stuff to a minimum!