• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

EAGLE RESCUED!

Found this eagle while kayaking on the river, called DNR, took photos wrapped it in jacket and paddled it down river to the waiting C.O. Bad photos but we werent really worried about pic quality at the time.full-20885-18282-100_0749.jpg

full-20885-18283-100_0747.jpg

full-20885-18284-100_0751.jpg

It must have sensed you were there to help.....that thing could have taken your eyes out...did you get contact info to recieve updates on her recovery? Hope she does not have a nest with eggs somewhere.

just happened today, dnr said it was going to Raptor center and I emailed them and asked to be updated, there was a nest near by so thats a major bummer but I couldn't leave it there. as far as the talons and beak go, it was really calm never tried to hurt me once, just stared at me the rest of the wat down the river. Amazing feeling

Cool. I usually am the one that rescues the vultures that are trapped at work. I find it pretty rewarding each time, and those things smell terrible. They are scared out of their mind and never seem to attack when I grab them. Keep us updated if you hear anything.

I saw that on your other post....did not think others dared the river before I did....Kudos to you for that alone! Did you happen to pass by where the Big Cobb pours in? Wondering if that cleared out yet...If you come up on a ice jam on the Cobb your done before you can plan an escape! Again great job on the eagle.....the nest would not matter either way cause the bird was not gonna be back up there anytime soon, hopefully it was a male smile If it is ever returned to the wild it would be cool if they brought it back down here for release. Keep us posted!

not to mention it was on the Le Sueur river Smeese so its one of our local nesters in the kato area.

DTro, not sure why it was stuck or what the deal was, there were no obvious signs of damage to wings but I didnt examine it too much. Maybe it was just doin some sort of eagle ice fishing?

DTro, not sure why it was stuck or what the deal was, there were no obvious signs of damage to wings but I didnt examine it too much. Maybe it was just doin some sort of eagle ice fishing?

Lets hope it wasn't lead poisoning. frown

Yea, right, by the time the spinners at the raptor center finish the story it will be more lead, and only lead, the scourge of all things living. Possibly a lead sinker or jig or eating from one of the endless lead filled deer gutpiles that seem to only affect eagles, a lost wheel weight that looks like a mouse only to eagles and on and on and on. It too bad a facility that can do so much good uses that good to further their personal agendas.

Hey guys and gals, No reply back from the raptor center yet, I will keep everyone posted as soon as I know. I still cannot stop looking at the photos, I have always had an above average respect for Bald Eagles but once you hold a wild one that is injured and those huge eyes stare at you while you paddle a kayak is just unreal, I have never shot a trophy buck by anybody's standards so I don't know what it feels like but I had more goosebumps holding that bird than I can imagine any buck giving me!

Hey guys and gals, No reply back from the raptor center yet, I will keep everyone posted as soon as I know. I still cannot stop looking at the photos, I have always had an above average respect for Bald Eagles but once you hold a wild one that is injured and those huge eyes stare at you while you paddle a kayak is just unreal, I have never shot a trophy buck by anybody's standards so I don't know what it feels like but I had more goosebumps holding that bird than I can imagine any buck giving me!

That is definitely something only a select few get to do right there by holding a wild eagle in their hands. Be proud of what you did by rescuing it and hope for the best that it can recover.

Nice job.