• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trail Cams?

Bob/Mn

im having good luck with my moletree sp? i got one at wallmart for 60 bucks, its a wild game, it is working well also.

I would advise not buying one with a real flash the Infra Red is the way to go, you'll know what I mean they will have like 40 LED's above the lens.

These are by far my best hunting tool not to tell me everything about the deer but just lets you know, that the deer are there

I personally like cuddyback camera's. Good picture quality. I heard that some people have had battery life problems I haven't had this issue, I start cameras in june and usually pull them this time of year. Usually use 2 sets of batterys in this amount of time. 2c

We have nine cameras on our farm that we put out in May and just removed the three that were still working this weekend. All nine are less than one year old. both brands (not mentioning which ones on here) have had problems working. We have sent 6 of them back for warranty back in July and August and have only received one back to date. Not happy with either brands customer service or the cameras themselves. When working, we are happy with the images, battery life, etc. Our cams are infared and one is a plot camera.

One camera I sent back in the spring under warranty, it cost me over $100 to get it back and it stopped working again in a month. Threw that one in the trash.

Boy I was a Moultree fan, mine just croaked and I'm not dealing with getting it fixed. 1 set of batteries lasted June-March and would take well over a couple thousand pictures whether it was below zero or not. I'm thinking it's a bit luck of the draw, how much you use them, so I'm looking to and now there's so many and so many options etc. Grit your teeth, pull out the checkbook, and hope for the best.

There are many good trail cameras out there. The best one is Reconyx in my opinion. They cost 2-4 times what most trail cameras cost however. All the cameras on the market now work pretty well. Some are much better than others however. There is a HSOforum dedicated to trail camera reviews. I would recommend you read they reviews on each of the models. It provides some pretty good direction.

I got two moultrie ir55's. They take great pics, battery life seems good so far (had out since March, but have one in garage now) and had IR and video if you want that.

The only complaint I have is that I would like closer than 15 second intervals (that is smallest they have on taking pics) and the main issue I have is that they are not that great at reaction time - not sure of exact tech term, but they don't take the pic immediately, there is a little delay after being activated my the motion. Many times I an catching nothing or just deer butt wink I do try to place them looking down or up a trail, but even when I test myself walking at it, I feel it should activate quicker.

With that said, it does take really good pics and no probs on ease of use or problems with units. And I think I am seeing sale prices of about $70 now, I paid about $90 last Jan. Good luck, they are fun!

There are many good trail cameras out there. The best one is Reconyx in my opinion. They cost 2-4 times what most trail cameras cost however. All the cameras on the market now work pretty well. Some are much better than others however. There is a HSOforum dedicated to trail camera reviews. I would recommend you read they reviews on each of the models. It provides some pretty good direction.

I second the Reconyx but as stated they are very spendy.

I just bought another Moultrie M-80 at Scheels today also. I got one there earlier this year. It works great!

You don't need to spend a lot of money to get a nice camera anymore. There all pretty good now, besides the really cheap Wildgame brand of cameras I've heard of people having lots of problems with those.

But the Moultrie M-80 is probably one of the best cams out there for the price. Battery life is great. Pictures are good. Trigger speed is good enough, about 1.2 seconds.

I have a few Moultrie cameras the M-80 by far is my favorite with the wide angle shots that it takes and the small size, It is tough to beat for the price. Like said before all the cameras out there right now are pretty comparable u just need to get the the one that has the most options u want.

Bushnell Trophy Cam for the smashing victory.

Go to Trailcampro HSOforum and you can see everything you need to know about any cam out there.

+1 to this entire post. I bought 2 Bushnell Trophy Cams last year - 1 for myself, one for a Christmas gift for my dad. Both of us have been extremely happy with them. They're not as cheap as some, but they give the best results I've found for the money.

trailcampro.com does a ton of research on the cams that are available, and it's kept pretty up-to-date. Look through the first time buyers guide and check out all of the trailcampro tests. It'll give you a good idea of what you're buying before you spend the money.

Over the last 5 years we have used many Cuddebacks and Moultries. I like them both. The battery life has been sub par on the Cuddebacks. A real bummer when you lose out on a couple of weeks worth of night photos. The Moultries that I owned all had troubles with the LCD screen but I called them, bought the replacement screen, installed and has worked awesome since. Lots of good cams out there. I would be sure to get one with IR flash. I think if I were buying I would go with Moultrie over the Cuddeback. I've also heard great things about Bushnell cameras.

Jason Erlandson

I bought my first two this year.I was on a budget so I bought Wildgame N2. They are 2.0 megapixel and have infrared flash. I have been very pleased with their performance. They were up since labor day and barely burned any battery life. Daytime pictures are excellent and the night time photos were okay. The night pics were a little blurry, probably due to the slow trigger speeed. But very good cameras overall.

Moultree even though mine lasted 4 years and now is toast, the battery life is excellent even all winter long, but I am going to try a different brand also and have 2 to put out. I read on-line reviews before buying the moultree and it easily had the happiest customers so I figured why not.

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but I have question regarding the cameras. My brother is having difficulty with theft at a house he is restoring. He wants to install 1st camera near the entrance and a 2nd camera taking a picture of the 1st camera in case it's stolen. To prevent theft of either camera, is there a camera that has less "flash" so that they are less visible while still producing a quality picture?. Trying to keep the cost down vs an entire survelliance system.

To answer the post and reply to previous post. I have 4 Bushnell's and overall they are awesome. I love the battery life. Only down fall is that the night time pics are somewhat blurred unless you switch to 3 pic. Then you stand a better chance that one of them is going to turn out. Make sure and get a larger card however. I'm going to try out the Moultrie M-80 as they are lower in price just to see how they work.

This brings me to the previous post. Any IR flash camera will produce an "invisible" flash and will work great for security. The Moultrie one discussed above is very reasonably priced and you can get a security box to put it in while it's "on duty" that will at least make whoever work at getting the camera.

I just ordered 2 M80's direct from Moultrie on Friday.

$90 a piece with free shipping.... And they are sending 2 extra battery packs free of charge too.

I called for other reasons and the lady mentioned they had a promotion going where if you have current Moultrie cams, they had the discount on the M80's.

I told her I dont have any Moultries, but I had a couple dead Leaf Rivers and a dead Cuddeback. She said they would give me the pricing.

You wont find that price anywhere...... I didnt need 2 more cams, but I couldnt resist. LOL