• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

DNR Enforcement Officer... Interview

USPENAMC

Well here I go my dream has been to become a law enforcement officer of some sort, so when I realized there were going to be 26 positions opening up for CO I applied. Approximately 810 people took part in the initial testing of that I dont know how many were eliminated but I received a confirmation email to show up for an oral interview on Monday Nov 14. It would be such a great job to be out and about enforcing laws and regulations to provide a better tommorrow for ourselves, our kids and grand kids. I just hope to do well and let the chips fall where they may.

I just wanted to share this because I am very excited for the opportunity.

I applied 10 years ago and had a similar scenario. 600+ applicants for 12 positions. I too, passed the written exam and showed up for the first interview. If it was like when I did it, I interviewed with a panel of 3 DNR staff. One CO and some administrative people made up the panel. Prior to the interview they had me complete a questionaire while I waited for the interview to begin. It would have been nice to know this before hand. The one thing I didn't care for was the complete lack of preperatory info available prior to the interview. Good Luck!

Wish you get it and hope you become my neighbor, had 2 separate poaching situations last night I was dealing with. 1 a guy at 6:00PM used his truck lights and then fired at a deer and the 2nd was a couple of guys sitting in a car with a spotlight and every 15 minutes or so the edge of my neighbors woods would light up and then off, finally I drove down the road curious and this car starts up and barrels out of my neighbors land and he was doing 100mph + I had 0 chance to confirm a license plate on the gravel, lots of deerless people around and they know how nocturnal they are so guess what, gotta get a deer heck with the law, have never had or known to have issues in our section, but don't doubt these same guys have tried a time or two before.

Congrats David. I also was there for the test. I know 3 other people who were invited for interviews. I clearly gave a few answers that didn't jive because I didn't not get an invite which really surprises me.

Good luck and let me know how it turns out. I have a second interview with Woodbury on thursday so that's what I'm focusing on right now.

Hey guys,

Well the Interview I think went great for me it was a panel of 2 officers and 1 civilian. I got asked 6 questions after that was a wildlife recognition exam and then a weapons recognition and safety exam. Here are the stats.

850 applied

250 got called in for the Interview this whole week until friday

from there they will background 3 people for each position offered so

26 x 3 =78

out of those 78 26 will be given a conditional job offer pending the psych, medical evaluations. 8 will go to training the end of march and 16 will go to training in October located in Camp Ripley.

The requirements are that you are POST certified or eligible to be POST certified and licensed at the time of conditional job offer so in March or by October. knowledge of wildliife is very helpful and knowledge of firearms.