• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Point blank red fox

Sometimes you get lucky. Today, we got lucky. This fella came within 2 feet of my outstretched hand several times this evening at sunset. Definitely a great bonus for today's whole nature photography workshop group. smile

All with the 1D3 and 70-200 f2.8L IS at various focal lengths. Iso from 400 to 800, shutter speeds from 1/50 to 1/125, apertures from 2.8 to 3.5.

full-635-12698-cocked.jpg

full-635-12699-eyes.jpg

full-635-12701-softness.jpg

full-635-12702-vertical.jpg

Now you are the fox whisperer? grin

Shhh, don't tell Jason. wink

It honestly was a rewarding experience. I talked to the fox the same way I talk to our dogs, and it responded by coming out of the woods curiously. And a bit of leaf rustling with my hand, down on the ground out of sight of the fox, brought him in even closer. Some tossed pebbles in the leaves really got him going. He went back into the woods several times and was drawn out quite a few times.

It was a very good hour.

Quote:
Originally Posted By: fishinchicks

Now you are the fox whisperer? grin

Shhh, don't tell Jason. wink

wink Thanks for bring Foxy Roxy back in good shape when you were done with her. I hope she went into her pet taxi easily. Sometimes she gets a bit nippy being forced in there......j/k

Seriously that had to have been an awesome experience and excellent shots. Its amazing how bold fox can be. I like the Steve and fox stare down in the last shot.

What great fall settings to showcase this beautiful animal in!

The composotion and softness of the third one down is something

I could look at for a long time.....

With results like this, you should have no problem continuing to

fill your workshops...way to go!

The composition and softness of the third one down is something

I could look at for a long time.....

That's my favorite one of the bunch, Shawn. I think No. 1 has the best pose, but No. 3 is the better overall photograph of my set. It makes a fine large print (13x19). All those soft pastels. smile