• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hay Days 2011

fishersofmen

Anyone going to Hay Days this year? Sounds like last year was a total mess with traffic and alot of people being turned away. They have added around 100 acres of parking and redone some things a bit. I think I will be going for sure its been several years for me.

We will be back again this year, a buddy of ours is flying in from Colorado so we will have to pick him up. Last year WAS a mess but we still had a great time. If the same amount show up again this year, I don't think 100 acres will fix it but it sure will help.

CAN'T WAIT !!!

Mike

for the folks that went last year:

any idea on the best route to get there?

we skipped last year and dont want to get caught in same traffic mess.

I'm guessing that directly from 35E will be horrible?

would it be better going in one of the 'back' ways?

for the folks that went last year:

any idea on the best route to get there?

we skipped last year and dont want to get caught in same traffic mess.

I'm guessing that directly from 35E will be horrible?

would it be better going in one of the 'back' ways?

It really doesn't matter because as soon as you get closer on any of the roads going there the cops start directing you. I went at day break and spend 1 1/2 hours sitting on th same road about 1/2 a mile away waiting to get in. It was a C/F last year. frown But, it was their first year in new spot and they we're doing their best. Not sure if I am going yet or may just run up to the Outlaw grass drag and swap instead?

I agree, you're not going to avoid it if you go on Saturday ( unless you get there EXTREMELY early ), Sunday should be easier.

Judging from what I saw last year, if the line is way back to North Branch again, a person needs to try to come in directly North or South of the site, the gravel road south of Cty 70 didn't seem to be as backed up, how a person gets there is a good guess.

Hopefully it all goes better this year.

Mike

If you want to get there without any traffic stay off the freeway! Last year I looked up Oriole Ave. in the map book and took it all the way from the Lindstrom area and drove right up to the gate on Sat. morning. The new spread out format is great! Anyone who is complaining about traffic remember the Highway 23 disaster on Sat. morning? It looks like they have two entrance points this year which will help a ton. If you are looking to have first dibs at a used sled then go Sat. morning. If you are looking to just see the new place and get good deals on small items then Sun. is your best bet. The swap area is still the same junk everyone is trying to unload, but deals can be had if you know what your looking for.

I wont be back next year. I was looking for a used sled and just didnt find what I wanted........after paying $30 to park my truck and sled trailer and another $20 admission. On top of my beer/food expenses. It's for a good cause so I'm not complaining too much but just WAY too much money for what I get out of it.

We just wander around looking at items, hoping to find a few good deals. Maybe if you watch the riders, etc it might be worth it?

The guy that parked next to me said Princeton grass drags/swap are free admission and parking? No idea if true or not. Said he was going there next year and I think I may be also.

MUCH smoother than last year, that was nice to see.

I didn't find much I couldn't live without, bought a couple DVD's and a Jacket, that was it. A couple of the others bought some BCA Float30 backpacks with the airbags for a very good price and we got to look at a few accessories for the new sleds.

Looked like they had a pretty good turn out for Saturday.

Mike

I saw the pay to park lots on the way but decided to take my chance at the gate and there was plenty of room to park still. I could'nt believe how many people were paying to park, it looked like alot of those areas were full.

This was my first year there and I will go again next. It was a very good time and you could find about anything you needed.

A couple of the others bought some BCA Float30 backpacks with the airbags for a very good price and we got to look at a few accessories for the new sleds.

Mike, any idea what price they got them for? $400 Range?

I was up there Sunday just to look around. Got in with no waits and no traffic around 8:30am.....came up from Lindstrom. Sounds like my FIL is going to pick up a 12' M800 Sno pro this year. Hopefully he holds on to the 11' M8 HCR for me!!

The tent we were at had the last 3 years of BCA airbags for sale, that included this years new models which I believe were going for $675, last years were something like $545 and the previous year before that were in the mid $400 range. The new model had a update to the pull handle something on the cable to make it easier to pull. We all have last years models and they even refilled the air bottle there for free on the BCA bags.

You better guilt him into giving you a good deal on the HCR, you need it! grin Those 2012 sleds look interesting, can't wait to ride one.

Mike

You better guilt him into giving you a good deal on the HCR, you need it! grin Those 2012 sleds look interesting, can't wait to ride one.

Mike

Deal on the HCR....no...I have no money for that right now! frown He is talking about keeping it and buying the 2012 as well grin (and possibly getting rid of his 2010 CF8). He still has an 05' M7 as well. The guy likes his toys....I can't complain! He is pretty much the only rider in the family other than myself!

I will have to look at one of those packs next year at Haydays!

Overall it was much smoother then last year but I don't think I will be going back next year... Nothing really caught my eye besides the new sleds. Prices are much higher then they have ever been in years past on everything it seemed. Was tough to find good deals. Just my opinion