• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New retractable roof stadium in Arden Hills

Born2Fish

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

......and I would venture to guess your posturing the other side of the coin with another aspect of economics is also a front since your not a Viking fan. It goes both ways.

Not necessarily, though someone with pretty limited intelligence might think so. wink

Mmmmm, purple KoolAid. Mmmmm. crazy

Honestly, just be honest. If ya want public money to fund your favorite pro football team, just admit it's because you WANT it, not because of some lame economic impact reasoning that, if taken to its logical end, would have any large company clamoring for our tax dollars for new facilities. People who love the Vikings, who take pride in their successes and sincerely hurt over their failures, are by far the most willing to fund part of this stadium with public money.

Passion and emotion, not logic, is driving this. I don't see anything wrong in that per se. The thing that makes it funny to me and some others is hearing all the goofy justifications.

Anyway, I'm checking out on this one. Onward, good people! smile

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Here's a novel concept. How about you guys quit trying to justify the new stadium based on economics and just fess up and admit it's because you love your Vikings, and pro sports are the toystore of many grown men and women?

Hey, I even have a name for the new venue: Taxpayer Heartbreak Stadium. crazy

exactly

I'd be supremely bummed if my team were leaving the state. It'd be worth extra taxes to me, as a fan.

No one here said the stadium should be built solely on economic reasons.

You said it shouldn't be built because of economic reasons and I pointed out that maybe that is more reason to go ahead with the stadium in the creation of jobs. I mentioned a little about taxes too.

I can think of more then one company in the last two years that was handed our money.

A few terms fly off the top of my head.we've heard recently.

Bail out.

Stimulus Package

Cash for Clunkers

Duh, yeah we like our Minnesota Vikings. Dual Pride there.

Proud to be a Minnesotan and the Vikings are our team.

I'd except the same dual pride from Wisconsinite and their Packers.

A Packer fan's opinion living in MN is one of those "for what its worth" deals.

That would amount to a hole in Swiss cheese and you can see right through it. smile

I can think of more then one company in the last two years that was handed our money.

A few terms fly off the top of my head.we've heard recently.

Bail out.

Stimulus Package

Cash for Clunkers

Those are good examples, unfortunately they were all failures, too.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

LMIT and Foss - Yada, yada yada. You both hate the Vikings.

We true Vikes fans see through your lame arguments cool

And of course we like the Vikings. If not why would we want to see the new stadium built and see the Vikes stay here. With the added benefit that there are economic benefits both of you choose not to acknowledge in your rhetoric. smile

If the options are build it or they leave, then I say build it. I dont think the option includes not build it, and they stay anyhow. So, if you are a Vikings fan, and want to keep them in MN, then we need to pitch in, or they will leave. To a Packer fan living in Mn, all it is to you, is an extra tax. So if you dont want to pay the extra tax, go back to Wisconsin! grin

What's wrong with the Metrodome?

Personally, I think nothing is wrong with it. It is well suitable for football. Some upgrades could be had, for sure. But I dont think staying in the dome is an option that is available is it? I thought they said they dont want to continue to play in the dome. So I see staying in the dome, as not an option that is available.

Option 1, a new stadium is built, the Vikings sign a 40 year lease, and have to stay in the state of MN for 40 years.

Option 2, we dont build them a new stadium, some other state does, the Vikings leave, and the state of MN no longer has a Pro Football team.

I am pretty sure those are the only 2 options that are on the table, at least that I have heard?

What's wrong with the Metrodome?

Is it completely over your head that zygi owns the upper hand in this? It's not like the state can call his bluff and he will cave and say ok, we will stay in the dome. I'm not sure what false reality you reside in where you think this is an option. You can keep peddling this garbage all u want but this is all really simple......build a stadium and keep the team, don't build a stadium and they leave. We all get your bit, you aren't a vikings fan and we never be in favor of anything viking. If they leave you dont care, we get it. There isn't even an argument to be made here. If you don't want public money to go to a stadium, fine, but that is how these deals get done. No public money, no team in MN anymore. Go ahead and throw out some clever quote now again like you always do. What's it going to be this time? Follow the herd off the cliff?

Just a FWIW. smile

Lambeau-field.

2003 renovation

"By the end of the 1990s, the Packers believed that they needed to update the facility to remain financially competitive in the NFL. Rather than build a new stadium, Chairman/CEO Bob Harlan and President/COO John Jones unveiled a $295 million plan to renovate Lambeau Field in January 2000. It was to be paid for partly by the team via the 1997-98 stock sale, which netted more than $20 million. Most of the proceeds were to be paid through a 0.5% sales tax in Brown County and personal seat license fees on season ticket holders. After their plan won approval by the Wisconsin State Legislature, it was ratified by Brown County voters on September 12, 2000 by a 53%-47% margin. Construction began early in 2001."

And I think that more than once I have admitted I want them to build a new stadium because I love the Vikings. What football fan in MN does not? Oh wait, there are a few of you.....

I saw just get it done. Personally, I totally dislike the dome. My number 1 problem is parking. When you want to tailgate you have to do it a LONG ways away from the dome. With a new stadium, parking would be on stadium grounds and tailgating would be much easier. Not sure of many real huge problems with the dome itself...Oh wait, the roof collapsed.

Is it completely over your head that zygi owns the upper hand in this? It's not like the state can call his bluff and he will cave and say ok, we will stay in the dome.

On the contrary. Just as I said before this is nothing more than extortion and you just agreed with that.

Still don't see any good reason why they can't play in the dome if they aren't going to cough up the dough for a new stadium.

"They don't want to play in the dome" is not an reason. I don't want to do a lot of things, but guess what, sometimes you gotta.

Send your contribution in! What is stopping you, Jimmy? If there were truly enough Viking fans that wanted a new stadium and they all scrounged up a few bucks to cover the portion that Zygi the Billionaire is short, it would be a done deal!

You guys want it, you pay for it. Get off your lazy rear-ends and stop waiting for the rest of us to pay for it. Get all the bobo's with their helga hair and stupid horns and start taking a collection.

Not sure of many real huge problems with the dome itself...Oh wait, the roof collapsed.

Wasn't the first time it collapsed and, funny, was good enough to play in for over twenty years after the first time it did.

There are a lot of things zygi has to do.....playing in the dome isn't one of them. And yes, for him, saying he doesn't want to play in the dome is a good reason. That's reality. It's not something he has to do. Someone WILL build a stadium.

U can stop peddling the collection garbage as well. You forget who you are talking to? What do u want me to send? A hundo? I'll gladly send it if it guarantees the team won't leave. You can call it extortion......unfortunately its reality.

"They don't want to play in the dome" is not an reason. I don't want to do a lot of things, but guess what, sometimes you gotta.

They don't want to play in the dome because it is a crappy non-profitable venue. They DON'T HAVE to play there, and they WON'T PLAY there.

The reality of the situation is this: No Arden Hills stadium = No MN Vikings

Sure it'd be nice if all Vikings fans could pay for the stadium and black out LMTOUTs TVs from the games... but this idea is fantasy and a$$anine. No NFL franchise would fully fund their own stadium, so keep dreaming.

I have to pay taxes for a lot of things I don't get to use. It's the way our society operates - so to the people who oppose the current plan, I say: quit being so selfish, stop whinning, and deal with it. A lot of Minnesotan's would enjoy watching the Vikings for another 30 years.

That said, the Vikes are gone. Our current legislature is inept; they can't balance the state budget and therefore government shutdown looms. What makes anyone think MN will get a stadium bill through that horse$h!t office?

Sure it'd be nice if all Vikings fans could pay for the stadium and black out LMTOUTs TVs from the games.

The way they've been playing their games may be blacked out for everyone. hehe.gif

I have come around to the notion that we should just spend 2 billion and build them 2 stadiums right now. One for right now and then the other for in 10 years when they are tired of that one and start bi^c&ing for a new one. Then maybe the team can focus on actually building a championship team over the next 20 years or so without the stadium begging issue.