• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New retractable roof stadium in Arden Hills

Born2Fish

It doesn't matter where these businesses are. People are still spending money outside of the stadium somewhere (hotel, food, merchandise, etc) and that isn't going to change regardless if there is a new stadium. Those revenues cannot be the driving force behind a new stadium whatsoever. If it were a new team, then yes, it could be factored in. Just relocating down the road? Not so much.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True that it is just a relocation of money spent but being that the dome is in an industrial area and off site parking I think folks just want to get out of Dodge once they get to their cars. Its a hassle. When you have that many people in one place(Dome) it is foolish not to be able to take advantage of that with immediate surrounding and supporting businesses. That is like going to a carnival and there is only one ride.

If we're to believe the Vikings owners when they say they won't play at the dome then it is no longer a shift in location.

I don't think that is a bluff when the owners turned down the chance to buy the dome for a buck and are willing to spend 400 million toward a new stadium. If they leave we're out a team along with $.

I see the Vikings playing at the dome only IF they became publicly owned.

If we're to believe the Vikings owners when they say they won't play at the dome then it is no longer a shift in location.

I don't think that is a bluff when the owners turned down the chance to buy the dome for a buck and are willing to spend 400 million toward a new stadium. If they leave we're out a team along with $.

I don't think the $1 deal was ever a legitimate offer. A legislator proposed it but I don't think the Vikings ever actually had the ability to buy the Dome for $1.

I'll say this, if the Vikings refused to purchase the Dome for $1 with a $5 million penalty for leaving within 20 years, that tells me they truly want to stay in MN. Otherwise they would have tripped all over themselves to sign that agreement and started looking for a buyer immediately. A $5 million penalty is a pittance for the LA group to add onto the cost of purchasing the franchise. Not to mention the Vikings aren't currently losing money in the Dome, they just aren't making as much as they (or the other NFL owners) would like.

No, the Vikings want to stay in MN, and their only bargaining chip for public funds is there isn't a deal in place beyond next season. If the State essentially handed them the Dome there is no way they'd see one penny of public funds for a new stadium.

My guess is if a stadium deal isn't done soon a deal will get done where the Vikings will be given a very friendly 2-3 year lease to stay in the Dome and try again when hopefully the economy/budget is in better shape.

Why would I waste my money to watch substandard football just because it is played in a new stadium?

What's that saying? You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig. (See Twins baseball for reference)

Why would I waste my money to watch substandard football just because it is played in a new stadium?

What's that saying? You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig. (See Twins baseball for reference)

maybe not this year but i believe this coach will build a tony dugee type team with a long term qback

not an a splash in the pan type of team

at least thats my hope

i'm sure the vikes will survive without your veiwership

in the dome or the new staduim laugh