• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

COD MW3 Discussion

CJH

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've mostly been playing survival since i dont have internet right now. lots of fun but very hard by yourself once you get above level 25. played a few hours online at a buddys place and thought it was definitely better than mw3. kill confirmed is the best cod match yet imho. not the first game to have it though. i forgot the name of the game (starts with a "c") but i remember playing something very similar

What am I missing? I come around the corner firing and literally have to push the gun onto target. At that point, opponent has squeezed off two rounds and I'm dead. Tried 3 different assault rifles and all the same. Aim assist that needs to be enabled? About ready to retreat to block flops. Stabbed a guy and it hit his shoulder which spun him around so he could shoot me.

They must have nerfed knifing because of all the Commando lunge complaints from MW2.

I disagree that the shotguns need to be nerfed, they're hit marker city unless your a foot from the guy. If you're 8-10 feet or so which is a normal distance unless you sneak up on them, they take 2-3 shots to kill. Good luck when you're going up against a SMG or assault rifle.

It's not lag that I'm experiencing. Best way I can describe putting the gun on target and keeping it there is like trying to put two magnets together positive to positive. Better since adding a silencer but still noticable.

It's not lag that I'm experiencing. Best way I can describe putting the gun on target and keeping it there is like trying to put two magnets together positive to positive. Better since adding a silencer but still noticable.

I run stability on my Scar-L, as well as turned off the vibration on the controller.

It's better, also have been running Marksman for a perk as it shows names at a much farther distance.

It helps, but I still have the 6-25 matches, but they're not as many as the 15-15, 18-10 matches anymore.

There's still the instances where I can round a corner, shoot with my Scar up and down a body, do a circle with bullets, and draw a Z like I'm Zorro, then I die after I see 2 bullets come my way.

I've been thinking about trying to track down a new ethernet cable and hardwire to the modem, as right now I've been running wireless on the PS3.

I run hardwired and I've had the same round the corner shooting and get killed with one bullet experience. Shouldn't happen since I'm getting multiple hit markers and playing hardcore. Gets frustrating real fast.

I've also had another really annoying experience with the killstreaks. 3 different times/days I've got the kills to get a killstreak(usually 6+ never happened before 5) and as soon as I try to use it I've been disconnected and need to log back on to the PS network. Is someone messing with me and able to kick me off before I can use it or [PoorWordUsage] is happening?

I'm usually around a 1 KD so not great by any means, but I have those games where I lose every gun fight, even when they're close up and I use a SMG. We seem to see each other at the same time and I shoot from the hip and still lose. When I watch the kill cam he sees me a full half second before I see him. Is that lag?

That's just the nature of the beast of online multiplayer gaming, especially with non-dedicated servers.

I can usually tell during the first head to head gunfight whether or not I will end up "in the green" at the end of the game.

There are some games in which I feel like I cannot do anything wrong, when in all reality the gun on the other end is screaming [PoorWordUsage]! into their mic.

Basically the only way to overcome the bad side of this is to camp it out or to shoot the enemy in the back before he can see you. Head to head...you just lose.

Hey guys.. Only had a few mins to play last night and wanted to try a few different games and maybe level up. So I went into the moshpit game that cycles between all the objective games. First game that popped up was Team defender... I almost backed out as I had never even heard of it.. But turned out to be a BLAST!!!!

For those that have not played it, its like capture the flag(as there is a flag).. but you don't have to bring it anywhere. You get points for just possessing it. So, if someone on your team gets the flag, you just do your darnest to protect that guy. If you have it, you can either hunker down in the corner of a room or run around like a chicken with your head cut off trying to confuse the other team. If the other team has the flag, you can see him on your h.u.d. and you hunt the dude down.. and then try and pick up the flag. My fave is when the other team has the flag and they hunker down in a room.. You come flying in guns a blazing and flash bangs and grenade and get a triple kill.

I ended up playing for over an hour and leveling up 2 times.. LOL. .fun times.

They definitely upped the recoil maybe you just need a little time to get used to it? Try lower recoil guns or like already stated try using weapon perks like Kick or stability to get better groups. Focus can help a lot on classes you run and gun with that you find yourself in head to head gun battles a lot.

Anyone tried using a secondary automatic pistol? Holy recoil.

Two Words...

Akimbo MP9. Yes the machine pistols jump up and down, the MP9 isn't bad. Get akimbo mp9's and have some fun. I know you play the game a lot like me Scott. You will do well with akimbo mp9's. The only problem is you run out of ammo way to fast.

Enjoy I know you will like Akimbo MP9s

I can see all the complaints about hit detection and or spray and pray.

It gets me from time to time, it frustrates me from time to time too.

Who knows why. Could be a poor connection on your team slowing everything down specifically if the host isn't on your team.

One thing is you still cannot trust the kill cams. I don't remember in MW2 if the kill cams were accurate. For the most part they seemed to be. Black ops and MW3 they definitely aren't.

With that being said it makes you wonder sometimes how you kill someone or how you don't kill someone and what it looks like on their end.

It is just a game. no real reason to be ticked off even though we all do. I am just playing to have fun with a few of you guys. My KDR doesn't matter to me, it doesn't matter whos better or worse. It is just fun playing with all you guys and having a good team effort in a match.

I've heard the P90 with extended mags and rapid fire is the best weapon for rushing.

Also, a good way to level up is to use the recon drone in the support strike package. You fly around a little remote helicopter and paint ememies. They then show up on your team's mini-map. You get points when you paint them and an assist when they are killed by your team.

actually the kill cam is about the most accurate thing in the game. yes it doesn't represent what you see or what happened from your point of view but it does portray accurately what the person who shot you seen. in fact it's actually confirms the milliseconds lag. another way to confirm this is to hear what's going on via someone else' s speaker. it's never in sync with what you are hearing