• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

PSN outage?

smnduck

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Google 'PSN Outage' and it will come up with over 700 articles from today.

Here's a quick excerpt from dailymail

"After almost four days of disruption, Sony has admitted that outside hackers are responsible for a major PlayStation Network outage. But mystery still surrounds who is responsible -as the primary suspect, the Anonymous group, has denied all responsibility. The outage, which began on Wednesday, is affecting more than 70 million gamers worldwide, who use the network to play video games against friends online, stream movies and shop."

LMIT, I will bet you when dust settles they are behind it. I broke 2 vases in my parents house when I was a little kid. I admitted it the first time, second time the dog was blamed. Just because they aren't admitting it doesn't mean they didn't do it.

Could be, just repeating what the news is saying.

The reason I don't think they are behind it is that these type of people relish the attention and don't usually hide behind their exploits. They LOVE the recognition.

Is it that bad of hack that it has disabled the network or is sony trying to fool proof the next version. Did the "external hacks" get personal info? If they did and sony is mum about it, I will never use sony again.

Is it that bad of hack that it has disabled the network or is sony trying to fool proof the next version. Did the "external hacks" get personal info? If they did and sony is mum about it, I will never use sony again.

As of right now only Sony and the hackers know what has happened and nobody is talking. So your guess is as good as anybody's.

I really don't think we will ever really know what truly happened, But from what I heard this morning and after looking into it, Anonymous is likely to be behind it all. Anonymous previously told Sony that if they don't stop suing the kid who jail broke the first PS3 that they where going to do this. Well the lawsuit is still going on and now the PSN doesn't work... Seems odd how everything lines up but who knows!!

That lawsuit is over, they settled, google Geohot. Supposedly people thought he sold out because he settled, so who knows.

I read today that they are rebuilding the entire network, making it more robust, and adding more security. No timeline or further comment has been given by Sony. I am disappointed they haven't come out and said more.

Look at the bright side, you guys can catch up on watching all those blu-ray movies with your crippled PS3.

whistle

Seriously though, I'd be miffed that it was out this long if I had a PS3 but it would be difficult to complain since the service is free. Chalk it up to one of those "you get what you pay for" moments.

Look at the bright side, you guys can catch up on watching all those blu-ray movies with your crippled PS3.

whistle

Seriously though, I'd be miffed that it was out this long if I had a PS3 but it would be difficult to complain since the service is free. Chalk it up to one of those "you get what you pay for" moments.

Bet they have it fixed quicker than it takes to send in a RROD Xbox and get it back fixed. On a sidenote, bet I am still NAT3 Strict when its back up n running

weeks?

Yes, there was an issue back in 2007 with too many people signing up that overloaded the servers and affected a small population. I had spotty service for about a week, but never went for more than a full day without being able to use it. My personal info wasn't compromised either.

And, MS gave everyone a free game.

Aside from all that, this is a great time for the servers to be down, you guys should be happy. Nobody plays from now until Nov anyways do they? Too many fish to be caught. smile

Aside from all that, this is a great time for the servers to be down, you guys should be happy. Nobody plays from now until Nov anyways do they? Too many fish to be caught. smile

So what your telling me is that my PS3 and XBOX still work after the ice goes off the lake. grin