• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

PSN outage?

smnduck

weeks?

Aside from all that, this is a great time for the servers to be down, you guys should be happy. Nobody plays from now until Nov anyways do they? Too many fish to be caught. smile

Exactly! My ps3 has been boxed up for a while now, my xbox maybe has 2 hours of play time in the last couple of weeks? Its spring, lots to do, lots of fish to catch!

Xbox / ps3 is now for play time only when I have a honey to do list I don't want to do during rainy days!

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly! My ps3 has been boxed up for a while now, my xbox maybe has 2 hours of play time in the last couple of weeks? Its spring, lots to do, lots of fish to catch!

Xbox / ps3 is now for play time only when I have a honey to do list I don't want to do during rainy days!

You wanna sell that PS3 for $200 cash?? Especially since it doesn't work online anymore anyways?

Quote:
Six days after a security breach of its PlayStation Network, Sony said Tuesday that the incursion was much worse than expected and hackers had obtained personal information on 70 million subscribers.

The company, in a blog entry posted Tuesday afternoon, added it is still unsure if the intruder also obtained credit card data for members who have that on file with the service, which provides online functionality for the PlayStation 3.

"Although we are still investigating the details of this incident, we believe that an unauthorized person has obtained the following information that you provided: name, address (city, state, zip), country, email address, birthdate, PlayStation Network/Qriocity password and login, and handle/PSN online ID," wrote Patrick Seybold, senior director of corporate communications for Sony Computer Entertainment America. "It is also possible that your profile data, including purchase history and billing address … and your PlayStation Network/Qriocity password security answers may have been obtained. … While there is no evidence at this time that credit card data was taken, we cannot rule out the possibility."

Sony says the attack has led it to begin rebuilding the system. It expects to restore some services within a week.

I'd gladly take a RROD over that!

I know my PSN worked fine last night.

Hasn't worked since last Wednesday. Sony just issued a big statement about personal information being compromised and to keep an eye on your credit card if you had one entered in the PSN account information. It says they hope to have it up and running within a week.

I wouldn't feel anymore secure with an Xbox vs a PS3 there porkchop. It's amazing the information you can find online in today's day and age Dan. It's a piece of cake to get personal information.

Microsoft isn't exactly known for their robust security!!! smile

Like a rrod for 70 million people at the same time...?

Collectively over the years the Xbox has been out, been around that if not more.

BTW, it is 70 million ACCOUNTS, not individual people. I have 4 on my PS3 alone, most have at least that many.

3 for me and 1 for my son.

So now what? Own ps3 for cod only. So want to get rid of it due to epic fail on black ops and now this. Reviews on xbox not so good for wireless play. House designed so running hardwire to where I play very tough. Back to Pong I guess.

I would be [PoorWordUsage] if I bought the PS3 for the online content. If Apple can stay ahead of the curve, then sony should be able to as well. I would hope that down the road somewhere they repay their customers somehow, but it will probably come as credits in online content or something, which screws me cause I dont care about their online content, and my info was still stolen. Oh well. I heard Nintendo is coming out with a new console in the next year or two. Microsoft is still the devil.

Yeah, it's a rotten deal for sure. Even though XBL hasn't had this scale of exploit (yet) there are still those hackers who use cheats in the various online games and that ruins it for everyone. Granted it's far from stealing personal information, it still is a pain and a guy shouldn't have to deal with it.

One post here asked about netflix. Wouldnt the streaming still work? Isnt that seperate from the PS network? Ive been on the road for months so I havent tried. I am curiouse though.

(SP and grammer on this post sucks. Sorry)

I actually was able to watch Netflix tonight. PSN errored out twice, but Netflix kept chugging along and brought up my online que. Was able to resume watching a movie.

Hackin scum on any service is hackin scum. About the same level on the evolutionary scale as protazoan jizz.

I kinda agree. The fact that they stole my info sucks and makes me nervouse. But i actually think the whole thing is kind of funny, only becuase I dont believe it was done by people who are trying to steal this info for some synister reason (I could be completely wrong, just a hunch, and I have read some stuff written by nerds on nerd sites) People(Hackers) have been telling sony that their system is flawed, and sony ignored them, and continued to ignore them. So they shut them down. I know that this site hates TROLLS, but when they strike giant coorporations, it can be EPIC. And, the only one to blame is the one who got trololololed.

Of course if this was the act of someone who is a straight up theif, and is going to steal my identity, then this isnt funny.

Ive actually been reading some more stuff on this, and its not looking good, if sony had your CC info, id be keeping an eye on it. This a failure on an EPIC scale. There is a really good thread on reddit right now discussing this.

EPIC should be banned from the English language.

This is the reason that I have only used the pre-paid PSN cards that I buy from Wal-mart for PSN purchases. No credit card needed. I guess the worst thing they get is my name and address.

Death penalty for these hackers. This [PoorWordUsage] costs all of us lots of money in the end.

Yeah, it's a rotten deal for sure. Even though XBL hasn't had this scale of exploit (yet) there are still those hackers who use cheats in the various online games and that ruins it for everyone. Granted it's far from stealing personal information, it still is a pain and a guy shouldn't have to deal with it.

whenever you use your credit card online you are always at risk. its just one of those risks you have to take to take advantage of those services. This could happen to Xbox just as easy as it did to Playstation.

Ive been a victim of online fraud and had over 1500$ taken out before I even noticed!

So now what? Own ps3 for cod only. So want to get rid of it due to epic fail on black ops and now this. Reviews on xbox not so good for wireless play. House designed so running hardwire to where I play very tough. Back to Pong I guess.

I have wireless Xbox in my house and it rocks. I have the ability to hardware but just havent fooled with it because my wireless works fine for online gaming.