• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tools in the boat?

Walleye #1

Small socket set w/plug socket. Medium adjustable crescent wrench. Standard and needle nose pliers. Emery cloth. (For spark plugs)Screwdriver set(handle) with various tips. Electricians tape. Multi-tool w/knife. Nylon zip ties. Spare spark plugs. Spare boat plug. Ball of Plumber's putty. Lighter. Starter rope. (If applicable) Small spray can WD-40. Small flashlight with FRESH batteries. I have all this in a small (aka Kid's) tackle box. That should get ya through most problems. And something everyone should have, but not in the tool box.....a whistle. USCG gives them away free at boat shows.

Good list and addtions. I always have a side-cutters in the boat for utility and emergency / first aid IE- cutting hooks. They are always out with the forceps / hook-sharpeners/ scissors.

Good list and addtions. I always have a side-cutters in the boat for utility and emergency / first aid IE- cutting hooks. They are always out with the forceps / hook-sharpeners/ scissors.

I sure was glad my buddy had one on his boat when I got a shad rap hooked good in my thumb while it was still hooked to a walleye!!! I now carry one as well.

Small socket set w/plug socket. Medium adjustable crescent wrench. Standard and needle nose pliers. Emery cloth. (For spark plugs)Screwdriver set(handle) with various tips. Electricians tape. Multi-tool w/knife. Nylon zip ties. Spare spark plugs. Spare boat plug. Ball of Plumber's putty. Lighter. Starter rope. (If applicable) Small spray can WD-40. Small flashlight with FRESH batteries. I have all this in a small (aka Kid's) tackle box. That should get ya through most problems. And something everyone should have, but not in the tool box.....a whistle. USCG gives them away free at boat shows

All of the above plus a prop wrench, jumper cables, and a small multi meter

Small socket set w/plug socket. Medium adjustable crescent wrench. Standard and needle nose pliers. Emery cloth. (For spark plugs)Screwdriver set(handle) with various tips. Electricians tape. Multi-tool w/knife. Nylon zip ties. Spare spark plugs. Spare boat plug. Ball of Plumber's putty. Lighter. Starter rope. (If applicable) Small spray can WD-40. Small flashlight with FRESH batteries. I have all this in a small (aka Kid's) tackle box. That should get ya through most problems. And something everyone should have, but not in the tool box.....a whistle. USCG gives them away free at boat shows.

love this list!

I just started carrying a complete set of wheel berrings greesed and tools to change out them ot the side of the road. Just an idea you never know when you or someone will need them.

Thumbs up for the wheel bearings....tis' the season everyone check them out before you head out this spring.

My tool list is pretty long I guess I'd rather be safe than sorry and carry extra....if you have it most times you won't need if you leave it home you'll need it.

dont forget cell phone, esp if you don't have a marine radio! Really handy to have that Clam power pack for ice fishing. It has a cigarette adapter built in and you can keep your phone charged on the water! Those vexilar batteries are real nice and portable.

extra shear pins if your motor uses them.

we even used to carry an extra prop if we were on a river. (had a couple times where we took off an entire blade, and once where all 3 blades got taken off. But it was a little bigger boat with lots of storage)

+

i did but it was kinda more of the gas gauges fault

new it wasnt working probably

and i thought i had plenty

i new it was working right

but i guesed wrong ....lol

live and learn !!!!!!!

center of winnie in bout 25 mile wind bout the only oe on the lake!!!!!!!!!!