• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Clean House

Bryce

Put horse blow out to pasture. Let somebody else gamble on Liriano. Let the constantly hobbled, league leading single hitter of a catcher quit bleeding the team of millions of $ per year. Let him hit into double plays for the highest bidder. Gardy getting us no further than any other coach in town and they're all getting fired. Used his A closer last night in non closing situation. Who else in baseball has 2 closers? Leads to what we saw this afternoon.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wouldnt mind seeing frank leave i thought after last season he was back but hes right back to his old form after he got hurt, unless he turns it around he will be gone by all star break the rest of the team just april jitters its the twins guys come on THEY START SLOW, in another month if they have 6 wins then ill jump off the wagon

The Twins lack spark, toughness, and leadership from it's players.

We need more guys like Gaetti, Gladden and Puckett....tough sons a B's. We have a heartless club right now...and that won't change because that's the teams make-up.

I saw today that in a hockey game a guy received 20+ stitches and came back to finish the game. Our 20+ million dollar catcher gets "body-aches" and a virus and gets put on 15 day disabled list.

No toughness...no leaders.

The yankees have 2 closers. Just saying.

But ya, this team is a joke. And thats a shame, becuase I love the twins.

Red Sox have 2 now too after they signed Fat Bobby Jenks. You guys forgot to mention when #33 will be put on the DL. I just figure thats a matter of time. I figured we'd be ok, but this is a train wreck this season.

We really could have used cuddys salary this year to bolster our bullpen.

Like MLB has a salary cap. Wake up, quit putting the failures of this team on the one guy you hate. Was Cuddyer on the mound? We DO NOT sign big name FA's in off season, not Cuddyers fault.

We, as people that helped the ownership group get their new stadium to line their pockets deserve better. This is more about the Pohlads bottom line than anything.

i wouldnt mind seeing frank leave i thought after last season he was back but hes right back to his old form after he got hurt, unless he turns it around he will be gone by all star break the rest of the team just april jitters its the twins guys come on THEY START SLOW, in another month if they have 6 wins then ill jump off the wagon

I think frank just isn't a pitch to contact type of player and forcing him to pitch that way hinders him mentally and affects his confidence. He might thrive in the right environment.

From MLB.com: Liriano has a career 4-10 record and a 5.23 career ERA in April, and he's seen his work improve progressively in May (4.75), June (3.27) and July (2.97) as he loosens up.

Let's not start the fire sale just yet. Lot's of nay-saying here (it's only APRIL!). We always start slow and build momentum as we go. Give it a minute. And for those who hate Cuddy, how many other RFs can play 2B, 1B, or do whatever the team asks and still have potential for 25HRs and 100+RBIs? He starts slow, offensively, too (always has!). And to ship Mauer out? Ridiculous. That argument hardly merits a counter-argument.

From MLB.com: Liriano has a career 4-10 record and a 5.23 career ERA in April, and he's seen his work improve progressively in May (4.75), June (3.27) and July (2.97) as he loosens up.

Let's not start the fire sale just yet. Lot's of nay-saying here (it's only APRIL!). We always start slow and build momentum as we go. Give it a minute. And for those who hate Cuddy, how many other RFs can play 2B, 1B, or do whatever the team asks and still have potential for 25HRs and 100+RBIs? He starts slow, offensively, too (always has!). And to ship Mauer out? Ridiculous. That argument hardly merits a counter-argument.

problem with cuddy is how many times has he actually hit that potential? and he's just mediocre at all those positions. a lot of players could play those positions; it's just that gardy always lets him have them. Heck, brendan harris could have done better defensively last year than cuddy and probably about the same offensively. On the positive side though I do predict that he is going to eventually get rbi #1 sometime this month yet.

I like the back-and-forth on here when real stats are used, and people think critically about the numbers from last year compared to this year, etc. It's fun to have a little rivalry now and again when people disagree about the merits of a player and voice their counter-arguments... But when Brendan Harris is compared to Michael Cuddyer on any level at all, it is nothing short of laughable.

Wow I just found the answer to how many times he's hit his supposed potential and its fewer than I thought. If he could hit those number even every other year he would be team mvp and might be worthy of 11 million salary. Maybe more realistic potential to throw out should be 17 homers and 80 rbis but that doesn't sound as good does it?

Cuddyer is the classic case of a guy having a career year in a contract [extension] year. 2006 was the year the Twins extended his contract and that year he had career highs in runs, Batting average, RBIs, and SBs. almost a career high in hits, BBs and HRs This happens all the time in MLB.

A large percentage of the highest paid players in MLB don't deserve anything close to what they are making. Look at Barry Zito... He is making $18 mil this yr and he wasn't even in the playoff rotation for the giants last year

First of all, nobody is getting on base to knock in, and just for a frame of reference, the team leader in RBIs is 6. 8 of the 15 players on our offensive roster have 2 RBIs or fewer. He's tied for 4th most hits on the team and he's drawn the 2nd most walks on the team. So am I panicked? No.