• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Loving the new iPilot

Random guy

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 5 year old Power Drive which if I understand correctly, cannot be upgraded.

I am seriously considering replacing it so I can have the iPilot feature.

What is the difference between the V2 model and the Terrova model?

I have a 5 year old Power Drive which if I understand correctly, cannot be upgraded.

I am seriously considering replacing it so I can have the iPilot feature.

What is the difference between the V2 model and the Terrova model?

Big difference is with the Terrova you can use the pedal with the I Pilot, with the V2 you can only use the I Pilot remote, to use the pedal you have to uninstall the I Pilot.

For the couple hundred bucks more it looks like the Terrova is the way to go.

Who has the best pricing on these?

I would be looking at the 80 lb with 60" shaft.

I see Minn Kota is offering a $100.00 rebate until May 1st.

I have been wishing they would do a Transom Trolling motor that is also IPiolot capable.

Imagine the options there once.

Set a Backtroll on a location and set the hover as needed all hands free.

I see a market for it if they did one.

Especially if they an share wirelessly tracks from a Hummer sonar/gps unit...Bingo! cool

I think you may have something there!!!

One fact that I haven't heard anyone mention yet is the "dreaded" two-line debate. It is what it is, but I'm under the impression that it will happen for better or worse depending on opinions. The i-pilot would be very nice for using two lines.

Can't wait to install my i-pilot in the next few weeks after my boat renovation.

I installed the iPilot upgrade to my PDV2 yesterday. It was a really easy job, probably 20 minutes. From what I have heard I will really like this thing. I hope I can do without the foot pedal though.

I wish you could program a route at home on GIS, contour elite, LM etc... software onto a SD card or something to load right into the trolling motor. My guess it that will be coming in the future.

The tracking option seems great for being on the water and dialing in the weedline.

I really am leaning towards selling my smaller boat and using some of the money to buy one of these. I think the spot lock feature would be invaluable to me, and as mentioned I too fish with children quite a bit, and in a wind, using traditional methods, i find myself getting flustered sometimes.

Battery drain would be my biggest concern because i would want to run my trolling motor quite a bit. just have to plan correctly and not skimp on the power source.

I fished a torney yesterday 11 hours on the water in moderate to strong gusty winds the battery meter still showed 3 out of 4 bars at the end of the day. Ran alot with cruise control into the wind and preformed flawless.