• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Finally dusted the camera off.

Took a little me-cation (my wife's term) last week out to Yellowstone and had a chance to try out the Sigma 150-500. This trip is what I did instead of heading up to Ely or The North Shore. I had lots of fun and here are a few of the shots I took. If you would like to see more I have more. Note: all shots are un-cropped images shot raw with a just some quick post processing. I haven't posted much lately, but as always any critique is welcome.

5402045525_a0ab018e7e_z.jpg

5402045539_da6fa20e56_z.jpg

5402045541_f39c4f8167_z.jpg

5402045551_6b0e5b4213_z.jpg

5402045557_901452fb4e_z.jpg

5402649860_523a633259_z.jpg

5402649868_71c02dc4c2_z.jpg

That area is absolutely gorgeous!! I was hoping to go out there for spring break this year and be different from everyone else going swimming I would go hiking in the snow smile If your trip was fairly recent how was the travel out and around there? From what I have read its limited and may be very hard with a car especially cutting through the mountains with a car. I too am a fan of the bison walking towards you.

I flew out to Bozeman and then rented a car. I stayed in Gardiner just outside the North entrance 5 miles from Mammoth Hot Springs. The only plowed road in the park during winter is to Mammoth and then over to Grove City, MT. To snowmobile in the park you must be with a guide. There are shuttles to Old Faithful from Mammoth, West Yellowstone, MT, and Jackson, WY. Either in snow coaches or track vans. The campground at Mammoth is open I rented snowshoes from REI in Bozeman. You can rent both xc skis and snowshoes next to the hotel in the park. You can also arrange for shuttles to numerous trail heads along the road to Old Faithful. There are lots of options and it would be a great spring break trip. If you get the it for downhill skiing, Bridger Bowl outside of Bozeman is really cheap and has lots of runs for all abilities. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Here's another taste:

5402649852_f48f887a77_z.jpg