• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ted Williams..The man with the golden voice

tacklejunkie

He's a total fraud. He has a long Police Record. Is a professional thief and the news story wasn't a coincidence that there was a cameraman there either.

He'd be perfect in Washington DC...Maybe he can take Gibbs WH Press Sect'y Job? LOL!!

He did say in the video that he had a downward turn in his life at a young age from drugs and alcohol. Which a lot of criminals also have had.

I say good for him for using his God given talents to try to make a living.

I've heard that he has job offers from the Cleveland Cavs and NFL network.

I've heard that he has job offers from the Cleveland Cavs and NFL network.

He recorded a voice over for Kraft today.

My expectations aren't too high for this guy either. I believe the fame will soon get to him and he will return to his former ways. If I'm wrong GREAT, but I'm not getting my hopes up, especially with his past. But lets hope thats exactly what it is...his past. I do wish him luck though, and hope he stays clean and sober for the sake of his 9 kids and grandchildren.

X3. Many homeless people that have been living on the street for that long have severe personality issues and don't trust anyone. Put a camera in front of this guy and he turns on the charm like he's Dean Martin or something.

I hope I'm wrong, but I smell a hoax.

That's the holiday spirit! Would you rather he stay homeless so you can complain about your tax money going to him?

No, just give someone deserving the job. I'm guessing if he had walked in an said I am an addict, a criminal, and homeless and need a job they would have told him to get lost. This is all for publicity. He isn't going to be off the public teet yet anyway. I'm guessing announcing a couple games isn't going to make him much. Probably enough to buy a few bottles of wine.

Oh the humanity and out poring of generosity and compassion is just to much to take. grin But if name was Vick stand back stand back for that emotional out cry of give him a chance.

I'm sure all the people that are jumping on this bandwagon will be getting a call from the President thanking them for giving the poor guy another chance. Everyone make a mistake or 100.

Oh the humanity and out poring of generosity and compassion is just to much to take. grin But if name was Vick stand back stand back for that emotional out cry of give him a chance.

Be nice if some of this is true and he turns his life around. This country needs more positive stories of renewal and redemption.

On the other hand, maybe the usual suspects here are correct while practicing some more of that self-reliance, opportunity for everyone as long as they look like me hypocrisy. I do wonder if they employed the same logic when entering the voting both 10 and 6 years ago when faced with a candidate charged with theft at a hotel, drunken disorderly at a football game, DWI and admitted drug use.

No, just give someone deserving the job. I'm guessing if he had walked in an said I am an addict, a criminal, and homeless and need a job they would have told him to get lost. This is all for publicity. He isn't going to be off the public teet yet anyway. I'm guessing announcing a couple games isn't going to make him much. Probably enough to buy a few bottles of wine.

If I ever get this jaded and cynical, I hope I have friends that would hold an intervention or worse.

I hope it turns out well for him as well, but I have seen these things so many times. The media gets a little and runs with it and everyone jumps on the bandwagon. In a couple weeks the whole story comes out and everyone starts pointing fingers and distancing themselves from it.

I hope I am wrong.

I could care less what he looks like, but it is a known fact that he is a criminal and an addict. I just think we are rewarding all the wrong people lately.

It's a known fact that a huge number of NBA and NFL players are addicts and criminals also, yet we still cheer them and call them role models. Let the guy enjoy the spotlight for a little while. Alot of people don't get any chances...would you rather he be making the most of this, or collecting welfare?

Even if it is true, why would you give a homeless, drug addict, criminal a job over some law abiding person. I guess he will fit right in with Cleveland Caveliers and the rest of the NBA.

Lets see, my guess is because he has a better voice than most law abiding persons. NOt to mention he's done radio\announcing before which gives him experience.

Took about a week. He has already been arrested in LA.

There's some heavy dysfunction going on in his family and allegations by his daughter that he's drinking again.

That said, he was not arrested.

(CBS/AP) Updated at 8:52 p.m. ET

LOS ANGELES - Ted Williams, the Ohio homeless man whose smooth radio voice made him an Internet sensation, had to do some quick talking to Los Angeles police.

(Scroll down to watch Williams on "The Early Show" last week)

Officers were called when Williams and his daughter got into a heated argument Monday night at the Renaissance Hollywood Hotel & Spa, Officer Catherine Massey said.

"I don't know how loud they were" but the argument at about 9 p.m. led to a disturbance report, Massey said Tuesday.

"It was minor. Both parties were angry but there were no signs of visible abuse," Massey said. "They were brought in, calmed down, talked to and released."

She said she did not know the nature of the argument. She declined to name Williams' daughter, but a statement from "Entertainment Tonight" identified her as Jemay Williams and said the two would discuss the incident in a Tuesday night show.

When asked if he had unresolved anger issues toward his daughter, Williams told "The Insider" that "the only unresolved anger issues that I have and resentment I have are toward me."

Williams said he didn't feel the need to go back to rehab. He told "The Insider" he's still sober.

He said he's "truly sorry" for the way he responded and hasn’t addressed any of issues between him and his daughter.

Williams and his daughter were held at the Hollywood police station for less than an hour and they were not arrested, Massey said.