• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

new rest

blarkey

Hands down what is the best hunting rest. I have a Mathews Legacy and I've hated the micro rest since the day I got it, the arrows falls off at the most awkward times. I want something you can do a little bit of a stalk with and not half to hang onto the arrow. And I don't want a whisker biscuit.

I can tell you with great certainty that there is no "hands down best rest". I'm not totally satisfied with any rest on the market today. I currently shoot a Vital Bowgear Kaz-a-way. I like this rest a lot- the full containment holds the arrow very securely- no wiggle room at all. It comes up at full draw and goes back to exactly where it started if I let down my draw without shooting. I really like how secure the arrow is and the fact that it doesn't flop around a small window that supposedly contains it. However, it's function is totally dependent upon several small springs and one larger spring. I don't like this at all- springs fail. I replace my big spring before hunting season each Fall, but the spring could get damaged while walking through brush. They made one that is run via a magnet, but I've tried that product and I would NEVER consider putting it on my bow (and that's the most positive thing I can say about it).

I don't care for the "openness" of any of the other rests on the market. I don't like the lack of durability of the Kaz-a-way. There's nothing out there that I'm totally in love with. The new Shafer drop away rest intrigues me, but I'm not totally in love with it either. New rests will be out in the next month or two... we'll see what's available this year.

I can tell you with great certainty that there is no "hands down best rest". I'm not totally satisfied with any rest on the market today. I currently shoot a Vital Bowgear Kaz-a-way. I like this rest a lot- the full containment holds the arrow very securely- no wiggle room at all. It comes up at full draw and goes back to exactly where it started if I let down my draw without shooting. I really like how secure the arrow is and the fact that it doesn't flop around a small window that supposedly contains it. However, it's function is totally dependent upon several small springs and one larger spring. I don't like this at all- springs fail. I replace my big spring before hunting season each Fall, but the spring could get damaged while walking through brush. They made one that is run via a magnet, but I've tried that product and I would NEVER consider putting it on my bow (and that's the most positive thing I can say about it).

I don't care for the "openness" of any of the other rests on the market. I don't like the lack of durability of the Kaz-a-way. There's nothing out there that I'm totally in love with. The new Shafer drop away rest intrigues me, but I'm not totally in love with it either. New rests will be out in the next month or two... we'll see what's available this year.

+1 scoot that is the best way to sum it up.I also love the way some of you guys say since switching to one particular rest I wont use anything else. Bad news for you guys if you can buy that same rest in 5 years. What we have now will be out dated. Alot of you are still very young and relatively new to archery but I can think back and remember equipment back in the 80's that we all thought how did we live without this and now I think wow was that primetive. example the overdraw just about everybody used them and now I bet half of you or better wouldnt know one if you seen it.

I have been very happy with the Rip cord.

I do not get hung up on the whole speed thing.

I shoot a newer bow and if I lose 10ft per second, oh well as long as I get a very accurate shot. If bows would shoot 350ft per secong a loss of 10 is so minor.

I would hate to think whay my arrow speed was 40 years ago and I still shot deer. All marketing.

I would look at the QAD ultra rest HD i love mine and it has the full containment and the built in harmonic dampner

I put this rest on my Legacy last summer and love it. I was debating between the ripcord and this one, but ended up going this route. Very happy with it. Good luck with the search.

CA

I shoot a QAD and really like it. Buy the Lock down version it does cost a little more, but the rest will not bounce back up after release which COULD cause arrow deflection.

This was my first drop away rest and I do not htink I will go back to a standard rest again.

What is everyones opinion on the Limbdriver rest? I have shot one the last 2 years and love it. The one thing that I didn't like at first the string was continually stretching but I have since got that resolved. It is absolutly quiet and with the new arm I don's loose the arrow off the shelf at all. I can turn the bow past 90 degrees and it doesn't move.

It is very quiet and gives fantastic vane clearance.

Thanks

Steve