• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lottery question

going4it

I think Anyfish is right. If you shot a doe in a lotto area your done in lotto areas. If you shoot a buck with a gun outside a lotto area then you can still use you bow tag for a doe in the lotto area. Ive got a question also. Since I hunt in two different lotto area. Can I shoot a doe with my bow in one lotto area and shoot a buck with my gun in the other lotto area?

Thats a good question Hook, but I believe the answer is yes. Lottery areas have a limit of 1 deer regardless of the method of hunting, but that is for the specific lottery area. You can shoot another deer in a different area but have to follow the particular rules in that area. I also have that issue. I have a antlerless permit in a lottery area for gun season, but if I fill that tag and want to continue to hunt archery, I have to hunt in a different area. If I fill my archery tag in the lottery area, I am done hunting for the year.

If you shoot a buck with a gun outside a lotto area then you can still use you bow tag for a doe in the lotto area.

I pretty sure thats not right, if you use your buck tag in any zone/area, you would not have any tag to use in a lottery area... since you may not use bonus tags in lottery areas...(I didnt word that very good but I hope you get the idea)

I read the original post wrong. You may hunt in numerous lottery areas, however may only tag one deer in each. If I shoot a buck in are 218 (lottery) with my bow, I may still gun hunt a different lottery area. I may also buy bonus tags for intensive or managed areas. Lottery areas are one deer per year in that specific zone.

NOOOOOOO, One deer total in ALL of the lottery areas in MN. It does not matter which lottery area you shoot it in, it counts for all the lottery areas in MN. So that being said, you CANNOT gun hunt one lottery area and shoot a deer then bow hunt another lottery area. IF you shoot a deer in a lottery area with any weapon you are done hunting lottery areas except party hunting. ONE deer total in all of the lottery areas throughout the state.

If you shoot a buck with a gun outside a lotto area then you can still use you bow tag for a doe in the lotto area.

That is correct. A gun license comes with an either/or tag and a bow license comes with an either/or tag. So, no bonus tags are used, only one deer from a lottery area, and bow hunters don't need to apply for a doe tag.

Well that's not how it works. One deer total for any area marked lottery in MN. Not two because of two different areas. 1 deer taken by any of the 3 ways in MN. If you shoot one with a bow, you're done in lotto areas, if you shoot one with a gun, you're done with lotto areas, if you shoot one with a muzzleloader, you're done with lotto areas. One deer total. If you don't believe us email the DNR.

"The number of deer hunters can kill in a lottery deer area is one, regardless

of license type or whether you were successful in both lotteries." from the reg book pg 82. Might just have to make a call. Seems you can it can be read differently. Doesn't say all lotto areas.

Just got off the phone with the DNR office. It is one deer for all lotto areas, buck or doe. If you shoot a deer (buck)in a management area with a gun or mzl, your bow tag is good for a doe in a lotto area. So if you use a management or a bonus tag in the apropriate area you can still bow hunt in a lotto. If you shot a buck in a management area with a gun, you cant participate in drives without a gun or mzl in a lotto area.