• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My buddy Shadow

I lost my best pal Shadow today. We got Shadow 13 years ago from the Humane Society when he was just 6 months old. He was brought to the Society as a new pup and was adopted after a couple of months and brought back after just a few days,and he remained there until we adopted him. He was an independent soul just like I am. One year ago he was diagnosed with cancer,but the treatment was keeping him in pretty good shape. In January he took a turn for the worse and I made an appointment to put him out of his misery. My wife was not ready yet so the vet changed the treatment. He was better in a couple of days and within a few more days he was in really great shape for a 12 year old dog. He had a really good summer,but 4 days ago things changed and we were going to take him this morning to to put an end to his troubles. Last night we prayed that he would go peacefully in his sleep. At 6:00 am I got up to check on him and while I was petting him he just quietly went to sleep. I will miss him greatly.

246684983_oTqzf-L.jpg

246033426_NFYv6-L.jpg

i truly am sorry for your loss and happy your prayers were answered!!! was on this forum a few months ago with tears in my eyes as well as a smile on my face looking at the pics of my departed friend. time will help heal though and soon enough all the memories you have of shadow will be good ones. take care!

I'm trying to type this with tears in my eyes. Most of us will never have a better and truer friend then our dogs. It seen so unjust that their lives are so short and our are so long. We all know that sooner or later there will probable be other dogs and we will love them. The pain of their passing will fade but we will never forget the joy of cold noses pressed into our warm hands.

GOD BLESS ALL DOGS

I'm trying to type this with tears in my eyes. Most of us will never have a better and truer friend then our dogs. It seen so unjust that their lives are so short and our are so long. We all know that sooner or later there will probable be other dogs and we will love them. The pain of their passing will fade but we will never forget the joy of cold noses pressed into our warm hands.

GOD BLESS ALL DOGS

What he said!

Sorry to hear about your loss. His life was great because of you so remember the good times. Time helps. Our first dog was a setter named Lance. His pic is still on the entertainment center in a frame that says I'm a lucky dog and he's been gone 18 years. I think we were the lucky ones that he was part of our lives. On pooch #4 now. 10 months old and a ball of fire. :>)

Thanks to everyone for their thoughts. I knew this would be a good place to come because you would get what we feel. I have no doubt that we will return to the Humane Society someday,but we have another dog who is about 13 and I'm not sure if bringing in another dog while she's around is a good thing or not.

I'm trying to type this with tears in my eyes.

Thanks Yellowhead,that has been a problem for me these last two days.

It is never easy to lose a good friend, words won't heal the pain but the kind words written by so many here will let you know many of us have experienced the same thing. They have such a large impact in our lives it can be hard to express. I will be thinking of you and Shadow, all my best to your and your family.

Sorry fella, that one always sucks. I am waiting for my wife to walk in and ask me whats wrong, 'ow nothing dear just reading on the photo site'. Sure is nice to hear the vet was not called on. Bad enough to loose a dog but throw that guilt in that one feels of putting a dog down on top of it all and....well I think you know what I am trying to say.