• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Interesting Collections???

mr_jman

I'm sure I am not the only one who has collections of "stuff"... Just curious to see what other outdoorsmen collect (maybe outside of fishing/hunting stuff) Unless you have a great old lure or guns, etc. type collection.

I have several different things I like to collect:

First: I collect video games.... mostly the older systems: Sega Master System, NES, SNES, N64, Sega Genesis, PS One, PS2, Sega Dreamcast, Gamecube. I RARELY ever play them but I have a collection of around 400 - 500 total games over all the systems. People don't realize some games are worth $100's to $1000's of dollars which makes them an investment as well...

Second: I like to collect beer/liquor signs just for the heck of it. I find these at thrift stores or garage sales and won't pay a whole lot for them but they are fun to collect and hang up!

Third: I have a HUGE Minnesota sports jersey collection for the Twins, Vikings, Wild, Timberwolves, Northstars, Minnesota Moose, St Paul Saints, Gophers (hockey, baseball, basketball, football) and Vermilion Community College in Ely (where I went to school) and Bemidji State (where I went to school).

Fourth: I collect sports memorabilia... I have a bit of everything for every team. Twins are my favorite and I have a lot of old '87 and '91 stuff, posters, OLD pennants, huge banners, signs, all the hankies, bobbleheads, etc. etc.

Its just another way to spend money, but I am sure I am not alone... I might try and put some pictures up of some of this stuff cause its fun to see what people take pride in collecting!

A part of the video game collection...

100_3680.jpg

8 systems that I barely ever play...

100_3681.jpg

Beer Sign Collection:

100_3679.jpg

100_3678.jpg

100_3677.jpg

About Half Of My Jersey Collection:

100_3676.jpg

100_3672.jpg

Some Of My Sports Memorabilia:

100_3684.jpg

100_3683.jpg

More memorabilia and the 80" projected screen to watch all the biggest games! (Only looks faded in the pictures!)

100_3682.jpg

OBVIOUSLY A BACHELORS PAD..... NO WOMAN I KNOW WOULD ALLOW THIS!!!!!

A modest, by collectors standards, bunch of baseball cards. I think I have between 8000-9000 cards going back to the early '70s. Not sure how many homer hankies they have had, but I have seven or eight of them. The original four bobbleheadsa that Pepsi came out with in the early '90s. Killebrew, Oliva, Pucket, and Hrbek and later Hunter. Eight or nine years worth of In-Fisherman from the '80s. A few autographed baseballs, Joe Nathan, Tony Oliva, Michael Cuddyer, Nick Blackburn, Matt Gurerre, paul Molitor, Dan Gladden, and Mike Redmond. Golf ball by Tom Lehman, a fourth cousin to me, but he doesn't know who I am.

Twins had homer hankies in 1987, 2 styles in 1988, 1991, 1997 (10 year anniversary), 2002, 2003, 2 styles in 2004 (The 2004 and a 3-peat one), 2006, 2007 (20 year anniversary), 2009, 2010 (Target Field)

Also wikipedia mentions a 1992 one but I've never seen it...

If your a Twins fan you can check out the coolest Twins memorabilia site there is:

Minnesota Twins Memorabilia

I have a ton of old video games/systems as well. I have collected Hot Wheels twice, selling them off both times. One thing most of us have a collection of and probably don't even think about is baseball caps or hats in general.

Better grab that Thome jersey this year, it will be a collector item soon.

I've only collected beer cans back in the 80's and they are still up in my parents attic.

I guess I collect old coins (from the mid 60's and before) but just throw them in a jar and will get around to organizing them in 20 years grin

My garage is full of beer signs and beer lights. Not just any old signs, mind you, they're all Pabst Blue Ribbon.

I also have a collection of signatures on my garage fridge. It's a standing rule, if you enjoy some beverages in the garage you have to sign the fridge.

When I was in the Navy I kept coins from every country I was in. I have a rather large collection of forign coins that, if cashed in, and I toss in 8 bucks, I can get a case of Pabst.

I collect Video Games Systems. Back in the day I collected Sportscards, (Football, Baseball, Basketball) Also have an okay Comic Book Collection. I collect Foreign coins as I find them.

My garage is full of beer signs and beer lights. Not just any old signs, mind you, they're all Pabst Blue Ribbon.

I also have a collection of signatures on my garage fridge. It's a standing rule, if you enjoy some beverages in the garage you have to sign the fridge.

When I was in the Navy I kept coins from every country I was in. I have a rather large collection of forign coins that, if cashed in, and I toss in 8 bucks, I can get a case of Pabst.

I may just have to come sign your fridge at some point just because i enjoy beverages but I'm not sure about the PBR grin

I collect old rods and reels and old tackle. Started with my grandfathers tacklebox and it has turned into a hobby.

Tunrevir~

Hey JMan- I hear a rumor once that someone bought an Ismael jersey, I didn't believe them!

Maybe I was the guy who bought it????? - Actually just sold a second one I found on E bay aboout a week ago.

Hey Eric do you have the PBR sign I've got????? It was the first sign of my collecion!

I did that as well- coins and cash, too. Australia has some of the coolest bills and coins out there

Might have to consider it... Always tough to get rid of the first one in the collection, but if I like the style of the sign I'd consider it. (Really looking for a Mich Golden Light sign!!!!!!)

Yes, to getting a Thome jersey. The deals on E Bay for Twins jerseys are tough to pass up + I need the new style jersey!