• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pretty, Pretty, Pretty Please Gardy....

Coach1310

Envy? I'm comparing production to paycheck relative to other MLB players, not relative to what ordinary people make.

If you're going to pretend that Cuddyer isn't WILDLY overpaid relative to his production...well, then you're just deranged.

Oh so now its pay-roll related......the hole gets deeper.

Not that it matters or has anything to do with what we are talking about here I'd say cuddyers numbers and other factors that go right over a few of you's heads the last 2 years easily warrant his contract. I'm not going to waste time on meaningless stats but take a look at the cubs and a whole slew of other teams and players if want to FemaleDog over-paid and under preformed.

You're better than this.... grin

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And yes I don't read all 100 of Greebs long winded twisted post that fabricate Cuddyer into the worst hitter in baseball with runners in scoring position.

Funny on your post right before this one you claim to be king of stats and now you call my post containing a bunch of stats as a fabrication? Do you know that stats is an abbreviation for the word statistics or did you think stats are something else? grin

I think that is the difference between how I look at value...compared to some others. I look at VALUE TO THE TEAM.....NOT only BA, or rbi's, or PRODUCTION as you are saying. I'm NOT DERANGED, just look at OVER-ALL instead of ONE SEGMENT THAT SUITS ME.

I think that is the difference between how I look at value...compared to some others. I look at VALUE TO THE TEAM.....NOT only BA, or rbi's, or PRODUCTION as you are saying. I'm NOT DERANGED, just look at OVER-ALL instead of ONE SEGMENT THAT SUITS ME.

You guys got any more stats?.... smile

Glad Gardys sticking with him in spite of another 1-11 series and sinking below the .300 line.

Go Twins/Delmon!!!!

As Delmon, at the tender age of 25, goes on to shatter the single season career marks of the Great Michael Cuddyer.....

Some of us here should take a break from crying and enjoy a nice meal of crow nuggets with a side of Delmonte Ketchup.....

Nice to see Young actually contribute again.....the boys are getting on base. In the third inning, KC's pitcher was starting to DUCK as soon as he threw the ball.....lotta SHOTS up the middle on him cry.

I see THOME had another cheapy HR.....missed the flagpole this time. ha

Nice overall game, with some call-ups getting an inning or two, also. I am gonna have a hard time telling who is in center....Span or Revere...they look very similar.

Ruesse has an article today in the Press about the MVP for this year. No mention of Delmon. Haters everywhere. Granted his fielding is Single A level. But anyone who thinks the Twins are where they are now without his bat hasn't watched or listened to the games or oughta lay off the drapes.

Ruesse has an article today in the Press about the MVP for this year. No mention of Delmon. Haters everywhere. Granted his fielding is Single A level. But anyone who thinks the Twins are where they are now without his bat hasn't watched or listened to the games or oughta lay off the drapes.

May to august he batted .361 with 72 RBIs FROM the 7th spot.

We owe our position in the standings to this YOUNG man!

lots of players have been contributing lately off and on and it's really paying off in the win/loss column. much better having a bunch of players doing their job rather than relying on one hot hitter to carry the team. even tolbert has had some big hits lately.

let's hope it continues and gardy doesn't feel the need for punto to have to play a bunch to make up for all the games he's missed while injured.

Who actually votes for Twin's MVP? ....the players, or sportswriters? Right now I'd vote for THOME.....Think about the DH's he replaced.....in the clubhouse and at bat, he shows leadership to the young guys. I can think of several others though that deserve votes, at different times/ways.....Povano, Crain, Duensing, Cuddy, Young, Valentia, and BOTH closers (after losing Nathan late). With a TEAM game/approach, it is hard to eliminate ANYBODY, but THOME...from a part time DH spot....21 home runs make it easy for me.

Morneau was team mvp prior to injury. With him we might have best record in baseball. Nobody has really replaced what morneau produces but you can't say that about puntos replacement who might still be in minors without injuries to all our middle infielders.

Pier, could you post those astounding numbers for us? I don't know what those numbers are but you make it sound like they have been substantially better without him in the lineup. Are you of the opinion that had he been out the whole season that the team would have a better record than they have now?

I know too that the winning percentage has gone up quite a bit the past few weeks and punto has not played. using the same rational as you use with morneau, how come then do you want punto back playing a bunch when the team has won at a higher pace without him playing?

In 2009, Morneau played in 117 of the first 118 games and the team went 56-62. He missed a week in August and the team went 5-1 without him. He came back and played in 18 more games before being shut down for the whole season on Sept. 12. The Twins were 9-9 in those 18 games.

After Morneau was removed from the lineup for good because of a stress fracture in his back, the team went 17-4 and won the AL Central. Overall in the 2009 regular season, the Twins were 65-70 when Morneau played and 22-6 when he didn't.

Morneau played in 81 games with the Twins this year before suffering the concussion July 7. The Twins lost that game to fall to 45-39, a .536 winning percentage. Since then, they have gone 34-18 (.654).

We "gardy and I" couldn't disagree more with you on Punto so lets just leave it at that.:)

Okay Pier.... I'll bite AGAIN! Since you think Punto needs to be in the lineup, who should he be replacing? When Valencia is healthy there is ABSOLUTELY ZERO reason Punto should play third. You have been very pleased with Hardy at short and Hudson may be a little dinged, but he has much more to offer than Punto.

Punto can provide some solid untility play and his defense is well documented, but to get him in the lineup someone has to sit..... who are you pulling to put Punto in?