• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Beasely to the Wolves

zepman

Looks like we got him for a 2011 1st round draft pick...can't hurt!

actually we got him for a 2011 2nd round pick and a swap of 1st round picks sometime in the next 7 years!!

This is a great deal for the Wolves as we will have him for the next 2 years. Beasley needs to keep his head on straight and play lights out the next 2 years so he can become a MAX free agent. He is definatley a great young talent!!

Single handedly turned the K State team into a contender in the Big 12, and helped them with recruiting. When I lived in KC people barely remembered they had a basketball team. A few KU fans (like me) will still tell you that, but he really improved a bad team, hopefully he can do it here as well.

Sounds like a good deal to me. Though what can we do with ANOTHER forward? I just hope the former overall 2nd pick can really live up to his expectations.

They aren't done dealing yet!!! Will be interesting to see what happens between now and the beginning of camp.

To get a #2 overall for a 2nd rounder is a great move. He may not work out, but we have to roll the dice and hope to get lucky a bit. We are starting to amass a decent collection of young talent. I would like to see them move Big Al for someone relatively proven. It would be nice to see a combo type guard who can play point and off guard. I would also like to see them get rid of Sessions, but I doubt that happens.

So far, they have done a decent job. I was really hoping for Lee, but didn't even think about Beasley.... roster looks better than last years already!

I guess dealing Big Al is all but a done deal now, but apparently I am the only one who thinks that is a dumb, dumb move. Why is everyone so anxious to get rid of our best (and BY FAR BEST) player? Big Al puts up KG like numbers every year and he has been on the trading block for months. I don't understand it. I won't claim to know the ins-and-outs of the NBA like many others here probably do as I am a self-admitting casual (read: fair-weather) basketball fan, but why do we feel the need to dump Al? Salary space? Can we not build a team around him? I would give away three Beasley's for one Jefferson in terms of how his attitude will affect this team...

Big Al is a good back to the basket guy and in the triangle he is to slow up and down the court and they don't need a back to the basket player. I do agree that he is/was our best player it is just the new management had other ideas......and he was our highest paid player....oh well good for him to go somewhere where his talents will be utilized.

That said...

Is anyone optimistic about our re-building strategy? Seems like we have been "rebuilding" since we founded this team, save the 03-04 run and some flirtation with the playoffs in the late '90s...

I did like the draft moves, more or less... Not sold on Beasley yet (although we got him for a song, so I guess no harm done unless he eats away the locker room). He could be a beast in this league if he gets his head right...

Overall, what have we done right? What have we screwed up on?

Jefferson is a good player. He makes a lot of $$$ for a team that probably won't be relavant until after his contract. He has injury problems and he doesn't fit what the Wolves are doing. He will be a good player in the NBA, but I don't see him being any better than what we have seen. A good player in the wrong place at the wrong time..... I hope he does well.

The TWolves have realized no big name free agents are going to ever sign with them until they become a factor in the league. Might as well accumulate as many 1st round picks as possible with hopes of more than one panning out. If you draft them they have to come here and play. I heard that Big Al's money would have to be used in a trade type scenario...his $$$ is not available to just go out and sign other free agents. Again, if you trade for them they have to come here and play. I see the direction the Wolves are heading and it's really the only way for them to get out of their own mess. They need one of these young players to develop into a true super-star and everyone on board needs to buy in big time. If not...well, I guess we start over once more.

I don't envy Kahn's job one bit.

I'd like to see them build through the draft like a lot of young teams are doing. Look at Houston, Sacramento, Oklahoma City, Portland...4 teams in the West built up by drafting and not overpaying free agents. They could be like the Twins of the NBA.

Jefferson and Love were more or less the same player, but Love has better range, starts fast breaks, is a way better passer, and has better rebounding percentages. Like I said in another thread, Big Al did his best and gave fans something to follow.

what would Ricky care what we are doing currently for our roster this year? By next year the way things are going we might not have any of those PGs on the team!!!!!! LOL

To build through the draft you have to draft the right players. That means not passing up on Danny Granger for McCants or picking Brandon Roy and then trading him for Foye. KG is the only really good pick they've ever made.

To build through the draft you have to draft the right players. That means not passing up on Danny Granger for McCants or picking Brandon Roy and then trading him for Foye. KG is the only really good pick they've ever made.

Longley did great in Chi Town!!

Jefferson is a good player. He makes a lot of $$$ for a team that probably won't be relavant until after his contract. He has injury problems and he doesn't fit what the Wolves are doing. He will be a good player in the NBA, but I don't see him being any better than what we have seen. A good player in the wrong place at the wrong time..... I hope he does well.

He was solid, but overpaid (like many NBA players) for what he was. I was disappointed he didn't get any better - he's peaked, and now has bad knees.

Glad they dumped that contract and can move on, can they really be any worse?????

Just a few quick notes:

- Minimum NBA Salary Cap will be around $43Mil next year, Max around $58Mil.

- Big Al was making around $13Mil/season, whereas Beasley makes around $5Mil/season

- Stats: Beasley 14.8pts/6.4rbs/29.8min/per game

Jefferson 17.1pts/9.3rbs/32.4min/per game

- Beasely is now the highest paid player on the team at $5Mil vs Al at $13Mil