• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Would Like to Say Thanks...

PTocko

To the person who hit my trailor parked in the Sand Point Launch lot on Prior Lake yesterday (6/29). Hit it hard enough to move it into the adjoining spot and bent the left side rollers up enough that I didn't feel comfortable putting the boat on it. No note that I could find. Please folks - remember your turning radius is large (or larger) when trailoring. Second - if you do have an accident (we've all been there) please leave your information. In most cases it makes all the difference in making someone angry (like I am) and someone saying, "hey, let's see how much it costs to fix and we'll work something out". I hit a trailer many years ago, left my info and the guy called me. Started off saying forget about it, then I offered to come over and help and we established a pretty decent friendship that includes hitting the water / ice a few times a year. Not trying to preach, just a reminder to be courtious to our fellow boaters as we head into the busy 4th of July weekend. Good Luck!! Paul

Sorry to hear what happened. It sucks to know that people can damage someone else's property and not feel the least bit responsible for it! I agree with the leaving the note part. Most guys would just shrug it off and not ask for much in return, just happy to know that someone man'd up for the damage. Accidents happen!

I hjad the same thing happen to me. Hit hard enough to move and bend my trailer axle. Now I think the frame is bad because I keep going through tires. mad

As with yours they were too guttless or uncaring to leave any type of note.

I hit a trailer one time at Madison lake, but all that happened was I broke the rear tail light. I left a note, with my name and address, along with a check for $50. The check was mailed back to me, along with a picture of the trailer before I hit it, with the the lens already broken. The guy wrote that it was broken the previous week at the same landing, that I just finished it off, and he couldnt take my money to replace it.

So not only did I stand up and do the right thing, so did the guy that owned the trailer. I couldnt believe. There actually are honest sportsmen out there!

My truck was hit with what I believe was a back of a trailer on the bottom of my door. Cost me $250.00 for the deductible.

It happens I guess. Maybe they did not have insurance.

Harvey Lee - I like your posts, but what difference does whether or not they have insurance make??? By that logic, responsible individuals should take care of those that are irresponsible. Why not - it's happening everywhere else I guess. Sorry, I just don't buy into that philosophy. Getting hit happens, thats an accident. Not leaving a note is a deliberate act, totally different(IMO). Good Luck. Paul

I think what Harvey was getting at was that if a person did not have insurance they might take off for fear of how much it is going to cost them out of their pocket. I'm sure he wasn't condoning the lack of a note for hitting the trailer. Either way the person should have done something.

Ptocko, which landing were you at on the 29th? My boys and I put in at sand point and it looked me that the traffic pattern has changed on the paking lot next to the park. (east side) for some reason everyone is parking so they face north now with the back up trailer spots behind (lake side)....I chose to back up to the lake side ones yesterday and today. More room to manuever....Sorry your trailer was nailed but Prior Lake is a [PoorWordUsage] shoot. We might head out tomorrow but over the last two days, I have seen an increase in the [PoorWordUsage] factor out there. I think we are gonna hit Odowd tomorrow.....

It sucks to hear that so many people have been hit at the launch. Thankfully I have never been on either end of a situation like that. I was thinking the other day is it just me or are many parking lots super tight as far as width of the space and ammount of room you have to turn in before hitting the curb or trees. When I have someone parked next to me I am constantly watching my trailer when I pull out of the spot. I find I have such limited room to pull straight out of a spot before having to turn my trailer has very little room to clear near by vehicles.

You are right trolling. The spaces are way to tight. As a mater of fact, if the guy parked next to you is parked a little to far forward in his space, you're not going to get around him. I have had to unhook truck and trailer once to get out. I was pi$$ed.

We drove thru the small access on south prior on Friday afternoon just sight seeing. I noticed the parking jobs of people and I dont have to wonder why accidents happen.

Some guys park all the way over on the white line, so that leaves less space for the guy next to him to get out and around. Other guys are parked in the spots crooked to the truck is on the line on one side and the trailer is on the line on the other side. I guess that boils down to common sense too and being in a hurry.

"keep it straight and centered"

Sorry bout your trailer Ptocko.