• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The World Cup is overrated

DTro

After watching the TODAY show and the ribbing that they were giving the theatrics of yesterdays games I can not believe that you can call iworld cup soccar a sport any more than pro wrestlers are in it to win it. They should at the least have instant replay and kick out the poor actors. Are americans that do not like soccar the only ones who see this idotic sport for what it is?

I'd rather watch soccer than Nascar.

Any day.

And I really DON'T LIKE watching soccer!

Soccer is an actual sport? I thought it was just a made up game that kids play when all they have is a ball to play with? I thought it was sort of like kick the can or I spy.

I'd rather watch Bocce ball or beanbag toss tournaments.

When I worked at Avis at the Mpls-St Paul Airport, I would work the 4:30AM to 12:30 shift. Horrible hours, lemme say. But every sunday I would get home, turn on Nascar and be asleep less than 2 minutes later.

Those definitely were some good dives.........they would put the WWE to shame with the theatrics. Honestly didn't know it was that bad in the sport.......would only be fun to watch for those, but I'm sure they surely aren't enough of them to keep it interesting. I guess that's what highlight reels are for.

Want to watch grown men kick a checkered ball around a field 12 times bigger than necessary and never score, but your NASCAR race is on? Or perhaps your craving some good old fashioned drive in a circle for three hours, but the World Cup is calling? FEAR NOT! WE HAVE YOU COVERED! Now, 24 hours a day on ESPN its...

nas1.jpg

25 drivers compete to see who can drive around the little ball the fastest. The winner gets... Oh, wait, there is no winner. It ends in a tie. smile