• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Boston vs LA !!!!

bassNspear

don't watch a lot of nba but am hoping for the celtics to win. heard that they have enough size to defend LA's big guys one on one so that the defense is spread out better than LA's previous opponents. Of course we are dealing with nba here so guess it comes down to who they want to win.

I think it will be a great series. I was hoping these two would make it. I actually like both teams so don't really care who wins it but am rooting slightly more for Boston. I think the teams match up pretty well which should make for fun entertaining games.

I want to see Boston win because I'm one of those sticks in the mud that would rather see good defense than good offense, although both teams play either part of the game quite well. I think that L.A. will win in 6, but I want to see the Celts win it.

can't stand Boston,, mainly because of KG and that he got there via Mchale--- HELLO!!!,, long story. But I respect the heck outta players like ALLen and Pierce,, as this is what brought KG a title, and they are more clutch in big situations than KG, but they are not playing LA of 08. Gasol is the best big man in the league (Howard is not nearly the playmaker or passer of Pau) Artest may be a mental,, but he's a sick athlete and wants a title a think more than anybody. Kobe will not be shown up again and is a man on mission and the Celtics other then Rondo and Perkins are getting old. I still expect it to go at least 6,, but the whole 2-3-2 system of games will haunt the Celtics. Phil Jackson is 47-0 when he wins the first game in the playoffs ,, series wise.

I want to see Boston take it, and I think they will. Last nights game they were just out hussled. All the attention brought towards how Boston plays physical wasn't a gripe, it was to get more calls, Jackson's a wizz. They need to continue to play physical basketball and they'll take it in 6.

Celtics/Lakers on ABC with Hawks/Flyers on NBC Sunday night. What a joke. Why doesn't the NBA play tonight?? Are they too tired?? Come on, they didn't even have a travel day and SAT night b-ball would be a blast-- just like the FInal 4,,, but I guess NBA thinks they have the market share. Not in my house. GO HOCKEY!!!!!

Yeah, don't you love how they had like a four day break before the finals started and then they need a two day break between game one and two, both in LA?

I would love to see Boston win, but I don't know if it's in the cards. KG just doesn't have the mobility he had before the knee surgery and Kobe is playing out of his mind. I can't stand the guy but he's the best closer in basketball and it's not even close.

This is just a great series. Both teams can and have won on the road. After last nights game I am giving the slight edge to the celtics. They are healthier, have a deeper bench and play better as a team. Kobe has been scoring at will and the lakers still lost two games. Pierce is finally showing a pulse. If he starts rolling then look out LA.

Despite Kobe's gaudy point totals, the Celtics defense has been awesome. They've head LA to under 100 points the last three games. They're forcing kobe to take long jumpers instead of getting into the lane where he can draw fouls and distribute.

I'm not a Kobe Bryant fan and have always disliked the comparisons to Michael Jordan. However, I have watched every game of this series and have to say that Kobe is an incredible basketball player, not just good or great but incredible. He has consistently made the most amazingly poor shots. That string of buckets he made in the 3rd Quarter last night was amazing. He was the only thing keeping the Lakers in the game, but the whole team needs to produce if they are going to win.

I just get sick of hearing the announcers talk about Kobe winning the title, wouldn't it be the Lakers winning the title? If I remember right there are 4 other guys on the floor with him.

Kobe does make some of the most amazing shots but its partly due to the fact that he gets himself into some TERRIBLE shooting positions. He'll dribble himself into a corner so many times and then rely on a tough shot. Imagine what he could do if he found ways to keep himself out of those situations and get himself better shots instead.