• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Danner Pronghorn

Last fall i purchased a pair of these boots in the 400 gram style. They leaked last year pheasant hunting and I immediatly went back to cabelas and exchanged them and now this morning I went Moral hunting and needless to say came back with soaking wet feet!!! Anyone else have any issues with these or know more about the companys warrenty policy.

Thanks in advance.

I would try contacting Danner directly. I've always worn Danner and had nothing but good luck. I once had a pair of boots that I had worn for 3 years start to separate at the sole. They gave me 80% trade if I sent them in on a new pair. I'm guessing they will make you happy.

I have not had the same experience as setterguy. I can also tell you that hundreds of other people on the internet have experienced negative things with Danner's boots in recent years. I had a pair of Danners about 15 years ago that I loved! I bought a pair a couple years ago and they went to heck on me in two hunting trips!!! I hear this type of story over and over when reading reviews of Danner's product: they've shipped a ton of their production overseas and their quality control has gone completely out the window. Sorry to sound so negative about them, but I got really frustrated with them...

That being said, I think setterguy's suggestion is a good one. Contact Danner and see what they can do for you.

Although they are probably the most comfortable boot I have ever worn out of the box, the two pairs I had leaked badly after very limited use. That was the last time I bought a danner product.

My pair, my dad's, my buddy's and his wife's all leak. All 1000gm. Same deal, heavy weat hayfield in the morning, and you have to wring out your socks before breakfasst.

Boots are all in good shape and well conditioned, but mine or my dad's still look real dry even after multiple applications of danner boot oil. Poor leather?? Super durable soles and the most comfortable boots I've ever had.

Just be sure its not pants getting soaked from wet tall grass above the boot and wicking down into the bottom of the boot, had that make me think other pairs of boots had taken a dump on me before.

Still have an old pair of Danner Raptors, hands down best boots I've ever had, 11yrs old.

Although they are probably the most comfortable boot I have ever worn out of the box, the two pairs I had leaked badly after very limited use. That was the last time I bought a danner product.

I agree the most comfortably boot as far as a work boot for sure. But if they leak as field boot...ouch!

Danner 800 grain insulated Have had them now for 8 years. The first pair I got had an issue on sole separation while hunting the Rockies. They were just over a year old. Danner replaced them with a new pair no questions asked. And even through in another knife. I ware them in all kinds of hunting, upland, deer hunting, snow, rain, even crossed some creeks in the mountains and have had no problem. Also for all my camping and ATVing. Still wear them today. I don't use them for everyday use like work. Just in the field or a good hike. I also take care of them cleaning and reapply boot dressing every year. By far the best pair of boots I've owned for hunting. I do have to say because I've used them for 8 years I've had no need to try any others out. And before that I always use work boots. My brother in law has going through 3 or 4 pairs of gander mountains brand name of boots and will not buy them again. Not sure of the style he gets. I do now that he has spent more on boots then I ever will.

Sorry to hear it too. I also have a pair of old Danners that I've even resoled--most comfortable boots I've ever owned and never had any issues with them. Follow up with us to see what explanation you get from Danner.

When I read the subject line I about fell out of my chair. I also have a pair of Danner Pronghorns that leak like crazy. I bought them a year and a half ago from a store in St. Cloud that is now out of business and I can't find the receipt. The first fall hunting season they were great and then last fall they leaked bad, and I took good care of them.

I am so ticked off because I broke down and spent the extra money for what I thought were premium boots.

Nels

Ya there is somthing fishy going on here everyone having issues with a well known used to be high quality boot.

Yes. Read my previous post- production shipped overseas about 5-7 years ago and quality control has gone completely to pot. I'm not sure if it still is true, but not too long ago they still made some boots here in the U.S., but charged markedly more for the U.S. made boots than the overseas made, lower quality stuff.

I had a pair of pronghorns that were specifically made for Cabelas and after 6 months the side zipper broke. I remember paying right around $80 for them as they were on Clearance. I called Cabelas and they told me there was nothing they could do as they dont carry that boot anymore, but they told me to call Danner. I called Danner and with no hesitation told me, I had a credit with them for $199 I guess that must have been the retail for that boot. I picked up a pair of Danner Sharptails and i have to tell you I like them so much more that the pronghorns. It is the best boot I have ever owned.

That's too bad. Well I guess it's the law of averages. I've got 3 pairs, 2 uninsulated, and a pair of 1,000 gram and I love them. Comfortable and my feet are never wet from outside moisture. sorry for the bad luck, hopefully the customer service will take care of you.

Its amazing how from one year to another you can have such bad or good luck with a pair of boots or anything for that matter made from the same company. I will say this If I had to buy a new pair of boots I think I would have to do a lot of research as to what would be a good pair to get. I think asking ever body on here would be the first thing I would do. Its nice to here what is and what is not good. Good luck with your problem.

Most comfortable boots I have ever owned - I have even ran a mile in them. Absolutely the wettest boots I have ever owned. They were good for 6 months and then turned bad. And, that's following all of Danner's care recommendations. I will not buy Danner again.

I had problems with my Danner's leaking as well. They also didn't hold up well in the toe area, but I bust a lot of brush. I moved to Meindel Alaskan Hunters and couldn't be more satisfied. I'm on my 5th year of the same pair of boots and they are still standing in a stream waterproof. I hunt dogs over a 100 days a year and prior to the Meindels I never got more than a year out of a pair of boots. Meindels are quite spendy, but I watch Cabelas bargain cave and pick them up there on the cheap.

Since this is in the archery forum area, I'll throw in my two cents and say that I don't wear hiking boots when I bowhunt. I made a switch to knee high rubber boots 20 years ago for scent control and I believe it really makes a difference. I wouldn't think of bowhunting in my stinky hiking boots. I can't remember ever seeing a deer cut my trail while I wore knee highs. It happened quite often when I wore regular hiking boots.

I'm on my second pair of Danner Pronghorns. First pair didn't last a year and they started to leak. Sent them back to Danner and they shipped me a new pair. The second pair lasted about 3 months and they are now leaking also. They are really comfortable boots, but if I can't keep my feet dry it doesn't matter.