• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Final five 2010

cbrooks

Nope not looking good for the Dogs; would take just about a mircale for us to get in now. I appreciate the effort this season though. Goaltending was a pleasant surprise, and our power play was stellar. I don't think we'll lose too many players, so it should be fun next year. Congrats to cbrooks and his Sioux. Certainly outplayed us huge for the first 35 minutes or so.

I didn't get a chance to watch St Cloud today as I was really busy at work, but was glad to see they're in the final. Really pulling for them. Go Huskies!

And I was going through serious withdrawls with this site being down during the F5.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So a little philosophy difference then the NFL eh Steve.

So no division, conference loyalty like you have in the NFL where you root for the Packers until they lose and then the rest of division which includes cheering for the Vikings?

Nope.

You can search for logic all you want, but it's your search, not mine, and you are shooting arrows into empty space with no targets before you. I just am what I am, and that's all I am. wink

Sioux win! Sioux win! Sioux win! Sioux win! gringringrin

March on Sioux! I couldn't have predicted this a month ago, nor could anyone. The old adage about it's not if you get hot, it's when, sure holds true in this case. Good goaltenting carries a good team, great goaltending can be THE difference maker. Bring on those Huskies.

What happened to all this "dirty Sioux" talk? Looked like two pretty clean games to me. Any chance they just "play down" to the rodent level those series?

They played a clean game tonight as they often do. Again I give the credit to Hack for getting his point across that penalty's and unnecessary hits are stupid and they hurt the team.

I'd call it the Sioux's best game of the year also and they'll have to be pretty unlucky to not beat St Cloud tonight.

I only have one wish now and that is that the Sioux's results in this years NCAA's mirror their last 10 trips to the dance! grin

Go Sioux!!!!!! cool

Go Sioux!!!!!! cool

What? I don't think I'm reading that right must be a typo. There's noway PB is on the bandwagon.

Maybe the Sioux can get a #1 seed for the NCAA tourney if they win the FF. Go Sioux. I hope the Badgers beat Denver. I thought Chervie was a little off yesterday.

Go Huskies! Should be a fun game to watch and a rematch of the final in 2005? I'm hoping the wear and tear of playing 2 consecutive nights takes it's toll on UND, but they sure didn't look tired last night. That was a really fun 3rd period to watch.

Trupp has been on fire the last two games. I really enjoyed that drop pass he made in the third after fighting for control of the puck. Sweet goal.

Go Huskies. I was telling you all that I thought Denver was slipping. Should be a good game today. Stinking Sioux.

Did anyone see if the 2 Huskies players came back into the game? I was at the games but was more in drinking and entertainment mode than serious hockey watching. Thats why we have a DVR. It didnt seem like I say all that many College Sioux fans, most looked to be Alumni. But then again with all the drinking it must take about 10 years to graduate. Man the Sioux fans crack me up.

I am Affraid UMD will get pushed out now. But maybe not, depends where Ferris state ends up.

The only advantage I would give SCSU is that they've played one less game this weekend than UND. UND was looking fatigued in the 3rd period last night. Go Denver - and Go Sioux!

So, who's in net for SCSU tonight? Mike Lee's been on a roll, but was lit up last time they played?

I was at the game last night. Wonderful action and just plain old good, fun hockey to watch. The one-timer goal was awesome...he pulled the trigger right in front of us. It is tough to admit but I was surrounded by green and admittedly, they suckered me into a few high-fives and what not. Certainly, I couldn't pull for the Pukeneers. So, now I'm really torn on how to cheer for tonight. Either way, it'll be fun to watch.

Did I hear someone say playing down to the Rodent's level? Kick us when we're down, kick us when we're down. Ha!

Good luck tonight to both the Sioux and the Huskies.

Sioux looked good last night. Only tired legs keeps them from winning it all tonight as they are really coming on. Badgers are rebounding well this afternoon up 5-1 after 2. Chased the WCHA goalie of the year in the first with 3 goals. Wish they could have been that sharp yesterday when I went up and watched them yesterday versus St. Cloud.

From the last third of the second period all through the third period, it looked like the Sioux were going at 3/4 the speed of the first half of the game. A little too soon to rest up in anticipation of tonight's championship game, IMO. My heart was in my throat all through the third.

I'm talking about down 0-2 after about 2 seconds of play, and then tied at the end of the first period. And the hits probably will just keep on acoming. At least they are clean enough that peanut gallery of Sioux haters doesn't have any legit reason to call for the waaaaaaambulance. winkwink

I'd like to see Eidsness and company hoist the Broadmoor Trophy in about 45 minutes and get that No. 1 seed! C'mon Sioux! gringringrin

He's my Dad. Grew up rooting for the Sioux long before I went to UND. And I got to work alongside Dad for six years at the Herald (as a reporter/editor) from 1994 to 2000. smilesmile

That gives me two reasons to bleed green when you cut me (the other being the Pack). I go all the way back to the Rube Bjorkman years of the early '70s! Man, were those some BAD years until Gino showed up and showed everyone what it took to build a winning program.

Go Sioux!

Haha, I was just having a conversation with my brother about some UND book. I guess it has all these old UND hockey pictures and he mention that Virg was the arthur. You know what book this is and where can I get it? Man this is cool.