• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Your Top 3-5 Games Going Right-Now for XBox 360 or PS3?

Shack

Since I am in week two of my new-found addiction (or reborn after a 10 year hiatus grin) for gaming, I figure I would see what the good group of gamers that are in here is currently playing. I am by no means looking to pull myself away from MW2 (long road ahead yet), but looking for idea's since dad has taken over the XBox 360 console. When you look at the game shelf at any store, it is pretty over whelming. Thanks.

I too am back from a long hiatus and over the last year played some awesome games. The Gears of War (I&II) games were awesome good story line and good gameplay. Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 was pretty awesome. Assassins Creed is ok but kind of slow.

I ended up buying the reduced priced older games that were rated high and to me they were awesome.

God of War series - GOD3 comes out in a couple of weeks. PS3 exclusive.

Assassin's Creed 2 I'm getting into. It's better than the first one, but I agree with leech it's still a bit slow.

Of course MW2.

Those are the only games I have right now. I would like to pick up a flying game. Remember TopGun? Like Ace Combact or something.

MW2 is my top pick of anything right now.

Assassin's Creed 1 is almost done, 2 will be next.

Picking up Tiger tonight as i enjoy some golf now and then.

That's about it for me. I have guild wars on the pc that I jump on once in awhile to break away from the thumb action.

Just finished Heavy Rain today. Great story! Not an action game by any means, but a very interesting approach. It's more like an interactive movie. Gone are black and white moral choices and enter just plain choices. There is no score or rating at the end. Only an ending. The story truly changes depending on the choices you make, and none are necessarily "better" than others.

If you have a PS3 and you're into sports, the new MLB The Show '10 with Joe Mauer is the bomb.

Here's a trailer....

http://us.playstation.com/games-and-media/games/mlb-10-the-show-ps3.html

You have to pay attention to the real clips and the animation.

What's even better, is they start off with game 163 last year.

First clip on the bottom.

I heard the new Baseball game is offering $1 Million dollars to the first person that pitches a perfect game against the AI.

A chance at $1 million is the wording I heard. Plus what are the stipulations? Against the AI on impossible difficulty while the AI gets the AL all stars and you have to play with the Twins Single A team?

i got assassins creed II for christmas, played it heavily for a couple weeks until I beat it, now it sits idle. they did come up with a couple new downloadable add-ons. it's the only game that i've gotten every achievement for.

i love tiger woods. have 09. will have to get the newer one soon.

still play halo 3 with the buds once in a while.

picked up a tony hawk game, thought it was too hard, haven't gotten a single achievement

am in need of a good baseball game for xbox.

Gears of war 1 & 2, army of 2, halo 1, 2, 3, bioshock (haven't played 2 yet), any c.o.d, borderlands, guitar hero/rock band, f.e.a.r 1 & 2. As you can tell, I'm kind of a fps fan......

I went to a buddy's place last week and he played heavy rain for a while, kinda slow but cool that you are basically playing a movie. Not really my style, I don't have the patience to finish it, but still kind of a neat concept.

1)MW2 (or any of the COD's)

2)Guitar Hero (any other than Aerosmith, it stunk)

3)God of War 1 & 2 (3 comes out shortly)

4)Madden

5)Grand Theft Auto

6)Need for Speed Shift

7)Oblivion

8)Tiger Woods

9)Final Fantasy (new one out shortly)

That should get you started!

I guess it all depends on the type of game you are looking for.. RPG, FPS, MMO..ect...

Oblivion, Borderlands, GTA, Mass Effect, Fall Out3 are the best RPGs for xbox.. though Red Dead Redemption is coming out soon, its a ol' western created by the makers of GTA (the next game I am getting). You can play these for months and not finish them.

You can't go wrong with a Halo, COD or a Gears of War game.. also Bioshock is heart pumping, I did stop playing it beccause I couldn't handle it anymore..haha

I had fun with Viking:Battle of Asgard which is a cheepy but goody. I'm sure there are alot of games that I haven't played that are awesome.. I would go on gamespot.com or gamestop.com and check the reviews.

If you want to get away from the console and play on the PC try World of Warcraft.. though you might end up getting a divorce..hahahaha.. its happened.