• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

American Chopper comes to an end

LMITOUT

The series finale is on Thursday! It looks like Paul Jr. is going to propose to his GF but without the old man attending the party. You have to wonder if they'll ever make things right again, but it appears the show is going to end before that happens.

It is getting pretty hard to watch anyway. Who cares about Paul Jr. and his girlfriend and Mikey who does nothing. If they left it as a show about building bikes, I would watch it. I haven't watched it regularly for a couple years. I bet the company goes under in a few years.

Yep, it sure was a better show when they were building their themed bikes and getting into a good old fashioned scrap every now and then. Now it’s just….bleh. I can see why they decided to cancel it.

After watching a few of those biker build off shows, it was clear to me that there are much better bike builders out there anyways. I can’t think of his name off hand, Crazy Larry or something like that (died recently), that dude was impressive.

The series finale is on Thursday! It looks like Paul Jr. is going to propose to his GF but without the old man attending the party. You have to wonder if they'll ever make things right again, but it appears the show is going to end before that happens.

Deja Vu confused I swear LMITOUT had an American Chopper is going to end thread a year or two back? grin

Yes, I tried to watch the show, but lost interest very quick. The last one I watched was about the Hybrid bike & Mikey gets a clean face. That was pathetic when Paul Sir. brought that bike to the customer and never saw it and did not know one thing about it. He looked kind of stupid on stage and that he has lost the drive for the show. It is a business and all good things come to end, but the business needs to be the main focus.

I would not be surprised if the Jr. & Sir. feud was not just a put-on for the show. If not maybe the show ending will clear some air?

Used to watch this show like made even when it was a documentary and not a full blown show.

Deja Vu confused I swear LMITOUT had an American Chopper is going to end thread a year or two back? grin

Umm, I don't think they've ever announced a series finale for this show until just recently. I think that's why they call it a "series finale"....because it's done, caput, over, never coming back. wink

You are right. It was when Vinne left the show. wink

I was close though. I responded back in that thread, but you did not start it. grin

Click Here!

To be honest, I thought they canceled American Chopper a couple years ago. I just recently caught the new season and realized it had not been canceled. grin

Hey Dtro, it was Indian Larry that died afew years ago. To me that guy built good bikes. I believe that with the economy dumping like it did and Paul Sr. purchasing the big building that he did for a store that it might cripple his overall business- sheet metal fab shop along with bikes. I don't think they will be the only ones hurting in the bike business in the next couple of years.

I think they could have ended it last season and nobody would have thought anything about it. This season has been a real drag. The only thing worth watching is the goofy looks jason comes up with and to see the awsome paint skills there painter has.

Personally I think Rick, Vinnie, Nub, and Mikey where the main draws. The arguments where fine but as those guys started to disapear so did my interest.

i was doing some reasearch awhile back and the old man and jr are in a pretty ugly court case over ownership, and i saw it said they pretty much kicked mickey out of the business, pretty weird stuff

It's what happens when there to much Fast money. I worked for a family run business for 18 years that started with a few employees and when I left they had over a hundred. They went from owing start up money to millons! It tore them apart, each kid wanted to take over the place and they all made and lost millons! It's just sad! frown

Go figure.... wink

TLC is reviving "American Chopper" -- with the estranged Teutuls going head-to-head in competing bike shops.

The new show, "American Chopper: Senior vs. Junior," begins filming next week and will premiere in August.

It focuses both on the original Orange County Choppers business run by Paul Sr., and Paul Jr.'s startup bike shop.

The new shop, Paul Jr. Designs, is located across from the original OCC shop in Rock Tavern, NY, near OCC's Newburgh site.

The hook? Father and son haven't spoken in over a year, ever since Senior fired Junior from the family business.

I stopped watching that show not to long after it got big. Got the feeling the arguments were scripted for dramatic affect. If I want to watch a drama I will let the wife run the remote.

It's a man soap opera. No thanks.

TLC went straight down the carpper years ago.

Yep, it sure was a better show when they were building their themed bikes and getting into a good old fashioned scrap every now and then. Now it’s just….bleh. I can see why they decided to cancel it.

After watching a few of those biker build off shows, it was clear to me that there are much better bike builders out there anyways. I can’t think of his name off hand, Crazy Larry or something like that (died recently), that dude was impressive.

I think his name is Indian Larry.

Yep, It was Indian Larry. Best there was as far as I'm concerned. Really great guy too from everyone I've heard that met him. He was an old school real biker/builder. His bikes were made more for functionality than all out looks.

He actually rode his bikes cross country. I remember a show I saw where he was riding an old pan head to sturgis from new york and had to stop at an old indy dealer half way and dig thru his boxes in back for parts and rebuilt his carb. in the parking lot. He talked about how he doesn't ride long trips as much anymore because it is so stressful... A different guy than the boutique boys with the fancy high buck paint jobs and the fully loaded snap on truck as a chase vehicle IF they go more than around the block.