• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bowtech Admiral

WaveWacker

I shot one a couple years ago and was very impressed with it. It was the first time I had shot one of bowtechs center pivot bows, I was a little skeptical at first because it just looks so different with the extra riser coming off but it does make the difference. It is by far the smoothest bow I have shot, there is no hand shock at all and is decently smooth drawing back. My cousin ended up buying one that year and he is very happy with it so far. Im still happy with my bow so I dont think I will be buying one for a few more years but if I was in the market I would be leaning towards one of Bowtechs center pivot models. Its got pretty decent speed too with a forgiving braceheight so thats always a plus. Definitely worth going out and shooting it a few times anyways to see if you like it.

I can't tell you about the admiral but I do have a 08 general that is my target bow wich is a very smooth shooting and accurate bow and as far as Bowtech I have loved every one I have shot. I have the 06 allegence 08 general and a 08 diamond marquise going to be adding the new destroyer really soon.

All I can say is there is no hand shock on the Admiral don't own one but shot one many times and loved it. I'm pinching my pennies for a new Destroyer by spring. If you get a chance to buy one do it you will not regret it.

mr

+1 on what Meat Run said. I'd love to own either of these bows- they are pretty dang impressive!

I have an older Bowtech Liberty now under the Diamond name but is a great bow so that can tell you how long I have owned a bowtech and looking to upgrade not that my Liberty is under performing. Just would like to make my Liberty a great back-up bow or/and for my oldest son and have a new lighter bow in the stand by September. Can't go wrong with a Admiral for sure and still might buy one if I come across a deal like your looking for.

mr

my brother has one. it is very smooth and quiet. he just got into bowhunting two seasons ago, and bought his admiral last spring. after a month of shooting he had his first robin hood!! his bow consistently pounds 2 inch groups at 30 yards. not bad for a newbie, or is it the equipment. im guessing the equipment! grin

Originally Posted By: bottom-bouncer
I shoot mathews

If that's the case, you'd better buy an Admiral! grin

ahhh, mathews. i remember the episode lee lakosky drew back on a trophy and the 'ol reezen came completely unstrung halfway through his draw!! excellent advertisement...but, im sure its cause there probably was a twig caught between the string and cam. now isnt that a cute excuse laugh

I was just ribbin' you Mathews junkies. [PoorWordUsage] like vister described can happen to any bow- doesn't matter what name is on the side. Mathews makes a good product-- so do the rest of the biggies. The Mathews don't fit me right for some reason, but their product is still good. I just have fun giving the Mathews backers a bad time is all.

How long 'til Sep???

Way too long! I love all 3 of the top line bows and love they way all of them shoot, I am in the market for a new one this spring and I may have to draw from a hat, but right now I am leaning towards the Destroyer. I plan on shooting them at least one more time each before I decide for sure. Not sure if that will be before or after I convince my wife I need another one...

Anyone have/shoot one? Opinions?

Shot the admiral,destroyer 340 and 350 today all of them are a dream too shoot smooth fast quiet no tourqe at all in the hand and no hand shock.

Also shot the hoyt maxis 31 and was not that impressed with it after shooting the others it did not seem like it was any diffrent then shooting my 2000 hoyt vortec they still look the same and feel the the same.