• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wolves and the 7D.

I upgraded from the 30D to a 7D this weekend and had the fortune to testing it out on some wolves. Its settings are a little different then the 30D so I need to play around a bit more before I quite fumbling around.

4279863507_0c69656340_o.jpg

4280662188_60d4f9e33e_o.jpg

I have a lot more pictures of this one that I may post later. I am irritated with Photoelements 6. It does not like my 7D files.

This poor guy has a bad case of mange.

4280663840_fbc2b9d149_o.jpg

4279919359_cf1faaf414_o.jpg

4280681794_760f3c2244_o.jpg

It says they are the wrong type of file and cannot be opened. I shot in RAW and they are saved as CR2.

I went and downloaded the updates and played around with adding the plugins with no luck. So as of now I view them in Zoombrowser, convert from raw to jpeg in Canons Digital Photo Professional and then once they are jpegs I can down size them in Elements. Talk about a pain in the butt!

I will now shoot in jpeg.

Well,depending on how much puter you're running,I wouldn't blame you for shooting in jpeg. Those raw files are huge. I upgraded to a new puter a few weeks ago that made shooting wildlife in raw practical again,before it was too slow handling 20mb files. I'm running 16GB of ram and a Phenom II quad core,so it tosses those raw files around like toys.

Did you upgrade to ACR 5.6? When I did,I had to do the manual install-it wouldn't work the auto route.

I have not tried ACR 5.6 yet. I'll have to wait till I get over to my parents to download it. Living in the sticks has its disadvantages as far as internet goes. I top out at about 25 kpb but its better then dial up.

I bought a 500gb external hard drive for all my photo files so I can keep them off my computers hard drive.