• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Work

hamms-scooter

Been laid off since February of last year, I was a crane and forklift operator at a steel tubing plant. Now Im going to school for public works maintenance. Anybody know of any citys or counties hiring? Haha, long shot I know.

So needless to say Ive been fishing and hunting more the past year than ever before. It's nice at times but I am really getting sick of not working.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do technical support for a large medical device company, supporting one of their implantable drug pumps. Been here 8-9 years (not in the same role) and am fortunate to still be working when I know many are not.

I'm a rigger, if you run a machine, a printing press, or anything bigger than life i could have installed it. What most people think of as heavy to myself and my fellow riggers heavy starts at 20,000lbs. work is slow now, so i get to fish as much as my wallet can handle it. if anyone has anything heavy they need moved(on the roof of your house if you want), shoot me an e-mail at [email protected]

I am a Superintendent at a golf course is the south metro. Basically, summers are shot for me for fishing, in fact haven't dropped a line in open water in two years. In the fall I make time for hunting deer and waterfowl. The winter I still work 28-32 hours a week, I'm staring down a ice hole the rest of the time.

Well I'm a peon at a motorsports shop right now. Not really my first choice of work but its so much better than no job. 9-5 m-f so I am now a weekend warrior. Summer is sweet cause my favorite lake is on the way home from work.

I used to be a manager for a auto parts outfit so I am missing working with car stuff big time right now. Especially since I eat breath and sleep thinking about cars. Would like to get back into car stuff for sure.

Somehow I have a degree in Wilderness Managment too so I guess Im a bit of a mixed up person. Go figure. I got out of school with big ideas of working in the outdoors field and then found few jobs out there.

Quite a variety of poeple on here!

I am a registered nurse. I have over 19 years in so I do not have to worry about a job, but I feel sorry for the new grads trying to start out. Spend most of my time on open water, but get at least two days in a week in the winter.

I am a CNC programmer for the cabinet industry, laid off in Feb, almost a year now, worked doing handyman jobs for better part of the summer, and thought at first being out of work would be O.K. for awhile, but I need to be working. Fishing is my second job, and it takes $$$$$ too!!! Keep your stick on the ice, and drill a hole for somebody useing hand auger....

I run clinical research trials for pharmaceutical companies. This involves a lot of weekend work.

I’m heading back to school to become a Physician Assistant starting this summer. After my years of school I should have a little more say in what hours I wan to work. That will = more fishing time! cool

I am a CNC programmer for the cabinet industry, laid off in Feb, almost a year now, worked doing handyman jobs for better part of the summer, and thought at first being out of work would be O.K. for awhile, but I need to be working. Fishing is my second job, and it takes $$$$$ too!!! Keep your stick on the ice, and drill a hole for somebody useing hand auger....

I was laid off in feb as well..Where are all the jobs that the pres was working on bringing to the state funds?

I have taken some refresher classes thru HTC Votech to stay current on my AutoCad and software,this was paid for by the Dislocated Worker Program and now the the feds are offering some retraining dollars if your in need of changing careers.

I'm a cnc programmer for a medical manufacturing company. Have been laid off three times this year. Hopefully 2010 turns around. I have plenty of time for ice fishing, but mostly hit the lake on the weekends.

Wow alot of construction related folks, police/corrections and computer folks. I grew up doing contruction residential and commercial as my father was a contractor. I do physical therapy for my day job now and run a small maintenance business on the side but PT is my full time job. The maintenance business makes my minnow money and dough to go on hunting trips:)

Tunrevir~