• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Oneida Lake Fishing Reports

Tim and Todd Thanks for inviting RJ and I up to fish with you guys, we both had a blast. I weighed that bag of fish when we got home it was 24lbs. I layed the fish out for a picture shoot and I'll try to figure out how to post, if not all call for help. Todd once again thank Bobby for allowing me to park in his yard. I just hope that four wheel drive didn't dig it up to bad whistle

Tim RJ really likes that showdown he held it all the way home, he opened and closed it so many times I think he wore out the velcro, he even wiped it down with a wet one,and rewrapped the cord at least twice. He is hooked.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim and Todd Thanks for inviting RJ and I up to fish with you guys, we both had a blast. I weighed that bag of fish when we got home it was 24lbs. I layed the fish out for a picture shoot and I'll try to figure out how to post, if not all call for help. Todd once again thank Bobby for allowing me to park in his yard. I just hope that four wheel drive didn't dig it up to bad whistle

Tim RJ really likes that showdown he held it all the way home, he opened and closed it so many times I think he wore out the velcro, he even wiped it down with a wet one,and rewrapped the cord at least twice. He is hooked.

It was nice to have you guys up to fish Tub and Rj there was some good eats in that bag I hope you kept the whitey's seprate from the others.Did you try them?

Thunder, I did keep them seperate from the good meat, I ended up with five bags for five meals. I never had the whites before but have to try it. I'll let you know what I think. By the way what was that reciepe you told me about?

The beach bite tourneyment is still rolling with tim and Fishking in 22' feet off the beach and now moving out a bit deeper to stay with them...its now king 11 to Tim's 3. Think Timmy needs to enter a tourneyment again and get the rust off! laugh Bomoseen is around the corner....?

Ha Ha DC! That was funny.. King hogged the solid hole in the shelf ice. Drilled around him and couldn't budge any double layer shtuff out of the way. He was in the perfect ambush pt. and had them marching right under him. It was frustrating to mark may fish in the holes I was fishing. There weres times he was pulling a few and I couldn't mark anything. confused Rolled a nice walleye and had a big mark that I couldn't get to go about 10' down. cry

We had a good time, long day and we finished up fishing with Dave C.. (got your message Dave and I was watching you go back into shore) wink

Here's Tim's chorus line, 25 perch and a walleye.. Well done Fishingking.. I think I'm going back there Saturday smile

p2090006.jpg

Kings close-up..

p2090003.jpg

Rusty took twelve and caught most of his on the Hexi-fly...

p2090002g.jpg

Last one...

p2090001.jpg

Great job Girls...you are lucky I have a job again wink

The Beach /East End is a HOT BED...fast as they come whistle

I have Iced more Waldos this year than the combined last decade.

Lake George may be the Perch/Mud Shark King...Oneida is the Waldo King...PERIOD laugh

Take care and Dark Cloud has a Drew Brees Screensaver crazy

AW

Nice fishing with the two Tims. Correction, what I was doing definitely was not fishing. Nice talking with the two Tims. Just one of those days - only marked like 4 maybe 6 fish all afternoon.

"Rusty" had the same problem before I showed up, so I guess I inherited his luck.

Still a good day, nice fishing with you guys. Tim thanks for monitoring my journey back to shore. Gonna try off the bathhouse for a few hours this morning.

Doug - We did catch quite a few pin pike like 8 or so...

Dave - That's fishing and King was just "shading" the perch and it made a difference. Light penetratration was lower naturally with the double wall of ice Tim was over. King moved a chunk of shelf ice out from underneath his hole and it paid off for him. These perch seem to be shading this double wall of ice and they were traveling this shelf ice. We think if you can get through that double layer and move the under shelf ice a bit so it's fishable that this change was enough to make the difference yesterday as far as marking more fish.

Huh confused Now we are a bit overboard and overcomplicating the shat out of things! The perch are huddled under the areas with shelf ice cuz of shade? confusedcrazy Wasnt it clowdy out? smirk

On that lake they are notorious in cerain areas to key in on the slightest change in bottom - be it contour ot content of the bottom. When active they cruz back and forth these. You guys just never found which way they were moving... And FishK was on the highway, plus he has no rust... Plus he probably didnt change lure 386 times like The Toe did...

Back to my nap sleep

Jay is right we needed more holes... The only bottom content change I saw in the entire area was when we moved out to 28'. We didn't mark a fish outside of 22' when we made the long haul out midday. Rusty only changed jigs a few times. whistle

Huh confused Now we are a bit overboard and overcomplicating the shat out of things! The perch are huddled under the areas with shelf ice cuz of shade? confusedcrazy Wasnt it clowdy out? smirk

On that lake they are notorious in cerain areas to key in on the slightest change in bottom - be it contour ot content of the bottom. When active they cruz back and forth these. You guys just never found which way they were moving... And FishK was on the highway, plus he has no rust... Plus he probably didnt change lure 386 times like The Toe did...

Back to my nap sleep

laughlaugh I use a umbrella when I eat too laughlaugh poor Timmy whistle

Originally Posted By: Dark Cloud

Back to my nap sleep

laughlaugh I use a umbrella when I eat too laughlaugh poor Timmy whistle

laugh I [PoorWordUsage] myself at both quotes!!!!

I didn't know Perch keyed in on the contour of the underside of the ice confused

Just Choppin your Bust wink

Take care and be aware of the advantages of Shelf Ice cry

AW