• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Oneida Lake Fishing Reports

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fished Big O today, Lewis point to define it a little better, from daylight until about 12:45 only marked a few fish with no takers.

That Lake will eat your Pride alive...meaning, you can beat them up hard for a few days in the same holes, then you want to throw explosives down past your transducer to NUKE the sniffers the next trip out laugh

Look on the bright side though...the Perch haven't schooled up yet, but have been put on the ice at a good clip already this year. Let's hope things take their course and we shall be fine wink

I will be on The Big "O" tomorrow if anyone is going and wants to pull resources whistle

Take care and remember your steel toed slippers cool

AW

P.S. Callie, I am sorry if we got plans crossed. I had a rough evening with the wife and she did the old..."you can go with your friends up North...wait, you are not going anywhere...the house needs attention" crazycrazycrazy

Went off the east end at noon this afternoon fished alot of holes that were open managed to catch 4 jumbo perch and 2 keeper walleyes and 2 short walleyes all caught and released.I caught all the walleyes around 430pm to 445pm the perch were staggered.Walking was decent a little sloppy in some spots cool.

Aw and I went off Lewis Point today, walking was tough in spots (good ole slush), marked a lot of fish. AW was able to limit out by days end, I wasn't so lucky. For the 3RD straight day I've been skunked. I'm at a frustration high, can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Sorry thanx for letting me vent a little.

fished Oneida today. Between chapmans and larkin. 10-34' of water. 1 small mouth and 3 OK perch. Ice is decent out there runnin bout 5", 3-3 1/2 of which is black. Lots of ankle breakin shove ice. Definately not worth the time spent. Beuty of a day tho. Counted 42 shanties/bucket fishin people over in front of chapmans at one point.. Talked to one guy that came our way via snowmobile and he said hes been catchin perch and waldos regular over there until today.. Im looking for some diferent water for tomorrow if anybody is looking for company.

Guess I should have meet up with Ya dougy..

Cali, you know when its a bad day if you are counting shanties-bucket jumpers whistlecrazy.

UMMM, yea. Its sad cause I couldnt even get mad at the fish on the flasher cause they wouldnt bite!!! They wouldnt bite cause they wernt there!!! madmad I think I marked a total of about 6 fish all day.. sleep Got so bad that we started throwin live minnows down the holes just so we could see them on the flasher grin I also learned that there are 895,562 strands in each of the velcro straps that hold the zipper door open on the scout laugh

Originally Posted By: Thunderman
Cali, you know when its a bad day if you are counting shanties-bucket jumpers whistlecrazy.

UMMM, yea. Its sad cause I couldnt even get mad at the fish on the flasher cause they wouldnt bite!!! They wouldnt bite cause they wernt there!!! madmad I think I marked a total of about 6 fish all day.. sleep Got so bad that we started throwin live minnows down the holes just so we could see them on the flasher grin I also learned that there are 895,562 strands in each of the velcro straps that hold the zipper door open on the scout laugh

Cali...you are completely PRICELESS grin

You always have a way to smile smilesmilesmile

I will see you in the morning brother. I'll be at the General Store by 7:00AM and will have 9 Jumbos and 3 Waldos by the time you get there whistle

Take care and wear copper condoms shocked

AW

Fished out from the bath house today. 11am-3pm, 21' fow. marked a few right off the bat but no takers. 12pm they shut down till about 2. right around then I had a tip up go off. Up comes a 20" eye, big ol fat female. got a pick and released. will post it shortly. bite seemed to pick up a little after that. I got a couple small perch and lots of lookers for a half hour or so.. Gonna give it one last shot tomorrow before the new job starts on Monday. just not sure where.. Ice was better than it has been at right around 9-10" under a 2" crust of snow. found no slush but its evedent theres been some..

Todd that doesn't sound like a very encouraging report. I'm uncertain if I want to brave the temps but, after all, it is called ice fishing. Supposedly we are hooking up with a ride out so it will be minimal exertion in the cold temps so I may give it a try. I'll let you know how we made out if I go; maybe we can get together during the week if things pick up.

Hit the Big O bright and early this morning from Lewis Point. Temps were brutal but somewhat manageable. Iced 1 walleye, lost 3, and released 2. Also did 5 large white perch. Marked alot of fish, getting them to bite was difficult. Still a good day when you can hook up with 6 eyes.