• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Oneida Lake Fishing Reports

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timmy was just looking for an excuse smile I was telling him everything I was doing and what I was using. I heard alot of talking over there for most of the day. It pays to fish and not chat on the phone whistle

Thats funny right there LOL.King I tell him to shut his phone off every time we go out fish now talk later whistle.

Hill??????? What hill you talking about? Or do you mean that freakin mountain eek

Fishing was absolutely brutal. Fished from about 7:30 to 2:00. Marked maybe 12 fish; nice marks, appeared to be good ones but they just would not go. They would stay with your lure just long enough to give you the equivalent of the finger and swim away. Somehow managed to entice two to bite - one was a solid yellow while the other was a very solid burbot. After a titanic struggle and just when the gaff would have been put to use, Mr. Burbot riped the lure from the side of its mouth and that was that. My partner marked perhaps 5 or 6, none of which bit.

Another one of those days; I've had two back to back that were pretty awful as far as numbers. I guess the only thing that would have made a difference was to find a double layer of ice that would shade the perch, right Timmy smilesmilesmile. We sure took a beating over that one.

Got quite the crew going Saturday.. The king and his queen Veronica.. cool Todd, Dave, Frank, Tuzzy and possibly Rick and RJ. If interested gimme a shout... Frank, Tuzzy, Dave and I will be at the Vienna Hotel for SOS @ 0530 hours,, See ya tommorrow..

Thunder - thanks for the info - we have heard similar reports in the same general area - what John refers to as "half a house" its the odd shaped structure north of Carbones if I remember correctly.

Not sure but it seems like I have seen a small group in about that area each time I have been out off of Jewel. Not sure if they are in the area you're talking about but they are definitely a ways east of Colemans.

John gave me a call minutes ago. His group of 5 are fishing the shallows off Lewis on Messengers shoals I think. Reported depths are 18' to 26'. Not a single walleye among the 5, all of whom are pretty good eye fishermen.

Hopefully our "guide" can put us on some fish tomorrow.

Dave - Freddy called. His dad, Craig, Wheeler and George aren't doing anything on the north shore today. frown They will be fishing with us tomorrow. Greg Campbell is seeing if he can make it out in the morning with us too. Sounds like a good sized gathering now. Hopefully the fish will be there and cooperating.

smilesmilesmile

I'm sure Timmy will bring the right one - its the brown one right?? Should have seen the look on that ECOs face when Timmy informed him that he must have tossed the new one and kept the old one. King and I were polite enough not to burst out laughing right then and there. I bet that the conservation officer is still telling his buds about this one.

See you tomorrow.

Our guide, nobody said I was guide far from it. Coordinator maybe, half @ss but hey look at what I'm working with. laugh

Yes I took care of purchasing my 2nd green license on Wednesday and they took the old one from me. Better check my wallet one more time. See you all for breakfast. Frank I got your email at home. Looking forward to sseing Josh, it's very rare you can fish with one technician let alone two cool

Yep it was a great time on the ice Cali... Tim, Veronia, Chris, Todd, Frank, Dave, Josh and Greg. The Smiths had some troubles and couldn't make it and north shore fished off the north shore and caught 7 perch. Breakfast at the Vienna Hotel was awesome. AFter unloading we split up Fishingking and Veronia going NW following Chris. While Josh and his partner were a bit south and Todd, Dave, Frank and I were a bit further south . I never really marked many fish today but the guys who marked em did em in. Good job Fishingking, Veronica, Chris and Dave. You guys had some nice fish to day. Josh you guys had a workman type day with an eye to boot, well done.. Todd caught a few and I finished with just 5 perch frown

One of Todd's...

p2130002.jpg

Dave with a nice one he finished with a smooth dozen nice ones..

p2130004.jpg

Franky scored a few too.

p2130005.jpg

One of my few on a Hexi..

p2130006e.jpg

Dave with a couple of nice ones out of his pail..

p2130007.jpg

Wait one more King texted this one to me before he packed up, nice haul you Tim.

0213001457.jpg

Doug I think we should hit this monday. Can you get the GPS coords from Chris if you want to fish this Monday. Bit of a walk but Chris and King will tell ya it was worth it! See ya Monday guys...

Timmy nice job with the pics, my guest from Arizona got a kick out of them. Also got a kick out of the nice fish fry we had this evening.

Had a real nice time fishing with everyone today and met some people for the first time. Also got to meet Mrs. Fishingking.

Had a good day with 12 solid yellows, most of which were 12" and up. Todd was nice enough to give me a Todd special - careful, its not what you think. Just a homemade lure that produced 4 nice perch today smile. Thanks again Todd - the lure kind of made up for the fished I missed because I was laughing so hard. Thunder was on quite a roll for a while.

All in all a helluva outing. Looking forward to Monday. Todd we will miss you.

It was nice to be able to fish with all of you guys today cool Where fishingking and Mrs fishingking were is one of my favorite openwater spots the same were Kirkville was fishing.Sorry I didn't get to talk with you guys other than this morning I am sure there will be another time.Kirk I am still wondering how that gator works grin.

Dave no problem on the jig wink DC told me when you make something that catches fish you feel good when it does and it does feel good wink.As for comedy hr it was a good thing there wasn't any females there to here it laughlaughgrin.

Kirk it depends on the wind we have about 4 inches of new snow right now and the wind is blasting.Cali and I were going to go somewhere give me a shout in the morning and we will go from there don't worry about the time I usually am up at 4am every day without an alarm grin.Next season I will have a machine again I miss my Elan.