• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Oneida Lake Fishing Reports

At times getting them to bite was almost as difficult as towing two fish traps off the lake by snowmobile smirksmirk. Right Franky?

Well actually... in Bruce and Frankies case it was... Let me see smile....I believe grin.... just one trap laughlaughgrin

Salmonseeker 73 how did you guys make out on Delta?

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fished the east end from 5' out to 13.5' and caught very few fish this morning I had three keepser and Frank too. Talked to some guys that were out there yesterday and they only caught a few. We did alot of walking and the conditions couldn't have been better for the mile plus walk going out. Frank had the only hog. Good fishing with Z, Craig, and Frank.

Kastmaster Again! grin

tylerandbudstripandonei.jpg

Fished Oneida yesterday and today the numbers weren't outstanding grin saturday fished from 7am to 11am I got 26perch and my buddy donnie got 14perch.Today was a slower day I had 23 donnie had 17 and kevin had about the same not to bad for the oneida lake stroke wink.

Tank, I heard that same report from a guy at the diner this morning that hole they went into had been there for a few days the guy said it was close to dark when they went in. I don't know how much truth there was in that statment?The ice on oneida is getting very soft you can tell when you drill its Punkey.Be safe out there guys

Thunder nice back to back performances smile . I was gonna give you a call last night to see what you were doing but all that fresh air and exercise put me right to sleep as soon as I laid down on the couch. Woke up late this morning and finally decided to go. Should have stayed home but ...........

Both days we fished out of the Oneida Alps, you know Timmy's favorite mountain. Fished in about 34' or so. Did some real nice ones yesterday but couldn't do much of anything right today.

Hopefully we can get together next weekend for some waldo slam a jama at the beach with some of the crew.

I talked with a guy today that told me the wheeler went in where Jewel Creek comes into the Lake. He said it is a little east of the Jewell access and that the creek always causes a problem in that area. The guys were somewhat off course and in low light conditions, etc.

I thought the ice was in great shape this morning where we were . . .around 11, the snow on top started to get soft, but the walking was fine . . .no slush (frozen solid) and where the water was before from the sleds and wheelers, frozen solid. I would not vouch for later in the day however. As always know the creks and how the current flows and you should be safe.

fished oneida yesterday morning. Didnt mark many, managed to catch 3 whites and my buddy got a 12" perch and a 16" waldo. His first ever thru the ice. Beuty of a day weather wise altho the fish wernt real cooperative for us. Good job on the numbers Todd. Looking forward to this comeing weekend as it may be my last weekend on the ice for the year..

My day began with a hike out of Chapman to see if I could get another quality Oneida perch trip in laugh Well I fished Chappy till about 9:45 a.m. marking 6 perch and catching two. It was another stroke for me on Oneida oh well or or so I thought. wink After a few conversations with Jay, TOI and Lee I made the move to fish some bluegill spots on the south shore. I forgot the camera cry mostly because I made a last minute decision to fish at 4 a.m. this morning. I snapped a couple of cell pics, sorry bout the quality.

Finished fishing the rest of the afternoon and evening in 5.5' of water with up to 2' of weeds. The narrow beam on my LX-5 was kicking butt as it cleaned up the screen incredibly. cool

Finished with 29 big sunnies, 2 crappies and 9 perch. Finnally Oneida gave me something to be proud of. grin Want to thank Jay, Tony and Lee for the outstanding info. cool It was great fishing, alot of open holes today and you had to keep moving and it was a slow steady pic all day and it heated up the last hour or so of light. I would say maybe one more warm day like today and she will be really close to being unsafe. We lost some ice today and when I left it was 9' to 12" of black with 2" to 3" of white ice. Sawa couple of spring holes and some open water off the creek where I walked on. Franky and Lee hit the lake as well after work. What a warm day, Todd told me it was like 51 degrees. My face is a little burn't but heck ya it was work it!

polarbeach.jpg

This was one of my better holes..

polarbeach1.jpg

Good luck and try to fish with a partner the rest of the way. It's officially winding down..

Hey guys tried to post here yesterday but something was screwed up - kept getting a message something like "connection timed out". Anyways fished the northshore from the Jewel mountain access. Set up in 34'-35' and never moved. Final tally was 28, almost all of them were very healthy specimens smile. Marked a lot of fish, once again it took a lot of work to get them to bite and , when they did, it was very tough to detect. I guess some days it pays to be a "bobber fisherman". My partner ended up with 7 nice ones. Stopped by Apps to talk with Rick. He described the bite the same way - almost imperceptible. He said that when they are feeding on mayflies, etc. they just flare their gills and suck it in and thats why even a sensitive rod tip does not move. Thought I heard the fat lady signing and figured that was the last outing of the season but my buddy John talked me into going out today. Fish were not there in the numbers as yesterday but did manage 12 nice ones before the wind and our nerves got us of the lake. Most of the perch we caught over the last 2 days were nice, solid males.

Talked with Timmy just as we made it to the top of the Jewel mountain eek:.

Ice is very dark and the "good stuff" underneath all the [PoorWordUsage] is soft and coming up chunky so I fear it is over. Wouldn't have even considered going out if we didn't have the suits we got at the ice fishing show this year. Not to let them give you a false sense of security, but it is somewhat comforting to know if you go thru you'll float. Told Timmy there was only 2 brave souls down near Colemans (yesterday there was at least 15 or so) someguys of the beach and a couple of Lewis Point. Word we got from 3 guys was no fish for their outing from Sylvan Beach (daybreak to 11:00 or so) and no eyes from guys fishing the canal from boats.

Sorry for the lengthy post but wanted to give as much info as I could. See you guys on the open water.