• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Oilman has been missing - major heart attach

The Oilman,

Best wishes for you and your family in this holiday season. I'm

betting by summer you will say " gosh, I feel really good ! " your breathing and strength will feel alot better.

MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

After over 8 days in the hospital and a triple bypass operation I am back home. Expect a 3 month recovery and should be better than ever. The biggest disappointment along the way - on the 23rd was told might be released on 24th; on 24th first doctor said I was to be released and was to start paperwork. 10 minutes later another of the doctors in the group (29 surgeons plus I have no idea how many others) canceled that order. He saw something on my overnight heart records that wasn't a stable as it needed to be yet. It took another 2 days to get a stable blood chemistry to keep everything working the way they wanted.

A couple of cute things. Open heart operation patients get red heart pillow (fairly firm, large enough to cover my chest) used when need to cough or get hiccups etc to hug and hang on. Another - had to walk at least 6 times a day - they put a sheet of paper on the outside of the room door "Patient needs to walk" with columns for days. Every walk you get a heart sticker. It might seem like something used on the children's ward - but this 62 year old man still wanted all my stickers. Then it comes home to be "refrigerator art."

I appreciate all your prayers.

Don,

Glad you're doing well, I got my pillow in September.

I had 5 bypasses then. They didn't give me any stickers I'm Jealous. smile And I am only 49.

Make sure when you start cardiac rehab you push yourself to the best of your ability, exercize does help in the recovery process.

It has been a little over 3 months for me and I feel so much better then I did before the surgery.

God speed on a strong and speedy recovery.

WW

Good to hear Don smile

Good health and coming home trumps being at X-Mas anyways wink

When I was in my coma my wife/family would buy me these miniature teddy bears once a week for every week I was under. They where of Elvis to Brett Farve. When I woke up just seeing those bears would make things seem alright grin Hey, in the hospital when in a rough situation, those kind of things do help wink

I had them next to me when they pulled the tube. They had no idea if I could breath on my own and there was some risk I was being told.