• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

what truck for hauling?

Bearcat

ok, i'm being a little lazy here because I know a litle leg work and measuring should be enough , but expert advice I trust is hard to come by these days, so I come here. I'm looking fo a new truck to haul a AC700 around in the back using tailgate ramps etc. What would the experts suggest? Opinions on the folding tailgate ramps and how much would tracks alter the equation. THX all.

Another thing you didn't mention: Is the truck also going to be used as a family hauler?

I have a Crew Cab Silverado and hauled a Honda Rincon in the back. The back wheels were on the tailgate. If you can get away with an extended cab/long box, the wheeler should fit just fine with the tailgate closed.

I find the bi-fold ramps work just fine and will fit between the wheels of the wheeler when folded. The set I have also has a slot so I can slide a sheet of plywood (cut to size) into it to give a solid surface. It's a great idea if you also have a sled that needs a ramp.

As far as the tracks, others with more experience can help you better than I.

I have a 06 f-150 4x4 and a 700 Sportsman with big tires and wider rims. My truck has the 6.5 ft. box and sits pretty high. I loaded it once using ramps... then sold the ramps and bought another trailer. Even with long ramps it's pretty steep and I worried about it going end over end on me. Once I got it loaded it was hanging out onto the tailgate and the front brushguard was at the perfect height to take out the rear windshield. Not worth the risk in my opinion. Really tight fit with the wider wheels. I doubt if tracks would fit.

I just bought a 09 chevy Crew, I don't know about your wheeler but mine fits fine. But what I did like was that the rebates. The rebates totalled up to $7250!!

I have an '08 Crew with the only box that was avaialble on the half ton crew (5 1/2"). There is no closing the gate with a wheeler in the box unless it was a youth ATV.

97 chevy extended cab short box.......07 kawi brute force with a big tire and wheel kit! I use bifold ramps cause they fit inbetween the wheels of the wheeler when it is loaded! I think long box pickups are ugly as sin but if having your tailgate up is a big deal then go with a long box. When i haul mine, my tires keep my tailgate from closing by about 4 inches so i just strap my tailgate up against the tires and it works just fine!!

That is a heck of a rebate on a new pickup...7250 in rebates.....tough to turn that down!! Where did u buy it???
I got it at gateway chev. in Fargo. The normal rebate is $4000, GM is allowing dealerships an extra $2000 rebate for all dealerships for the oldest 20% of their inventory on 09 trucks, $750 car care rebate, $500 rebate for waiving the 60 day return program. Only 20% of vehicles qualify for the oldest inventory rebate so you have to look around to find the right truck. I got lucky and found one right away with the color and options I wanted. So in total you should be able to take over ten grand off the vehicle sticker before your trade.

I have a '04 K-2500 and haul my Rubicon 90% of the time

in the bed it's a Ext.Cab with a short box.

With the headache bar and some mods to the the front of the

Rubicon I found this cool product, It comes with a clip so the gate will not bounce off just pull the handle and everything will release cool

100_0648.jpg

100_0651.jpg

I have a 06 f-150 4x4 and a 700 Sportsman with big tires and wider rims. My truck has the 6.5 ft. box and sits pretty high. I loaded it once using ramps... then sold the ramps and bought another trailer. Even with long ramps it's pretty steep and I worried about it going end over end on me.

biggest problem with alot of trucks, use my trailer most of the time hauling my AC650.

There is ramp/tailgate that fits on the tailgate when it is down made specifically for hauling 4 wheelers. It acts as a bed extender tailgate when the tailgate is down and can be used as the ramp. Saw one at Monticello RV but haven't found it online.

Best truck I have ever owned is my 05 Nissan Titan. I have a 500 sportsman and fits fine. And can out pull any other half ton truck out there. My company truck is a 09 chevy and my titan will out tow that chevy all day long and gets better gas mileage.

The box is a little smaller but the cab is much larger. Very comfortable.