• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

21" seems to be the average on all the area lakes. Shore lines are breaking up, and open water is coming. But not a chance it will be here or this years opener. Also, there are bad spots on the ice and ice fishing is not recommended for the opener. And I you do be extra careful and bring PFDs and rope and buddies.... I am either going to head south or waste time in some river (high fast dirty water) this year sucks for opener

Thanks for the update Jarrid. Gives me an extra week to hope I can get the boat out of storage. It looks good for boat work Sunday-Friday in town. Of course the usual weather comes back on Saturday.

Boat's at home. New TM on (and works correctly). Touch up on the wiring, put the new tabs on, bring her to McQuade for a quick test fire, then load her up (minus one battery and an anchor), Is the ice out on Big Minnie yet? Wasn't on Monday from what I heard.

NNNEEEVVVEEERRR!!!!!!!!!!! I would sooner start fishing for Northerns than return to the days of yore (Except, I have that Spot Lock on the new TM. So who knows? Maybe I will need a fish fry some day this summer).

IF,

I don't THINK many/if any lakes got speared in NW WI this year. I THINK they only have until the general opener to spear. MANY lakes in the Nebag/Minnie/USCL region were still ice-covered on the opener.

Been fishing through the rain wind and cool temps the last couple days. Water temps are between 45-51 on the lakes I have been to. Fishing has been slower as well. have not caught a walleye. only small pike n a few green backs n brown backs. As water temps heat up things should get better. Most lakes have there docks in at the access. A lot easier to launch by yourself with a dock. Hope everyone has a nice Memorial Weekend!!

Fishing is heating up finally, and so is the pressure on them. Have done well this week, despite the cold weather. Going to try out a new body of water this weekend somewhere. Don't know where yet, but somewhere.... So far this season I've been to Amnicon, Lyman, Nebags, Mflowage (which is a disaster with the shallow waters), Red, Namakogan River, Chip Flow, Clam, Sand, ULSC, St Croix Riv, the Riv, and fish lake. Water temps are finally starting to push over 60 degrees haha... Hope everyone's having a good year this far

FINALLY got the boat in the water Friday evening. Didn't fish Friday but did play with the new trolling motor. Electric anchor is nice but I have to use it some more to really figure it out. Went out Saturday from 7:00-11:00AM. Three LMB (two on frogs, one on swimjig) between 13-16 inches, and one 18" Northern (glad to see they are still a viable part of the food chain ). Sunday I went out from 5:30-9:30am. Fishing over by Sidelines with a swimjig I feel a solid hit, rear back, and the fight is on. Good rod bend, staying down, pulling hard. Thinking "nice Smallie". Get it up and there it is, a 24" Rock Carp. Got a couple LMB too on top between 14-16. Surface temp was 69 both days.

I got one on my phone. No ruler because mine is taped to the inside cover of my (former) livewell. My conversion chart (on the ruler) says it went 5 lbs. Felt about right, maybe a little less (4.75 at the least). Did not throw it on the scale. Have not looked at how to post pics on here. Will snoop around in a little while. The pic is just the fish laying on the boat floor.

Here goes

full-16814-34270-photo_23.jpg

It doesn't look like it's 24 but that's what the ruler said. Maybe I'll measure how far it is to that carpet screw just above the upper jaw. Looks like the tail is on the edge of the lid. Yeah, it's upside down. Sorry.

The LMB were on the smaller side. I was casting into about 4-5 fow that morning so I was expecting SMB. Plus I lightened up my swimjig rod this year. Went to a medium action with a fast taper. I was MH last year so everything is going to feel ginormus for a while.