• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Nice! Been out a few times this year finaly. Got 3 nice craps and a gill for the frying pan yesterday.Bite was way slow,so many people out in the nice warm weather.Not sure what people are thinking,5 guys all keeping every gill and crappie they caught ugh.Is there anything to eat on a 4" gill? And why would you wanna clean all those little things lol.

That's to bad to hear, but not surprising, happens all the time especially with the elder group who still think stuff like that is okay to do. It is really up to us these days to encourage the right fish ethics. And it is good that there are people doing te right thing put there. Take care n good luck Nate!

Not much off a trout n salmon guy, but the inland lakes have a nice assortment of the usual fish. Each lake has its advantages and disadvantages... Sorry I coul not be more help, maybe someone with kamloop experience will chime in

NO Kamloops here on the south shore, I believe they would be considered steelhead on this side and you would be pressed to find any open water on the lake to fish them right now .

i went and checked Wisconsin Point yesterday to see if I could get out and ice fish it but the east winds broke up what ice we did have here

Tried hard to catch crappies today, struggled... Ended up catching 8-10 most were small. Did manage 4 that were keeper size but let em swim. Also did find smaller gillz where I iced about a dozen out of boardem. Back at her tomorrow. Crappies were really slow and wood only take a dead sticked crappie minnow!

9725CF00-1B95-460E-9C75-BDA925DAB5F8-338

Ok, question time. Watching Bass Pros and they're talking Alabama Rigs. Went to a HSOforum and they said that a 3-armed Alabama rig is legal in WI. What do you guys think? Someone said Rock Carp guys are using a 3-arm rig for 'eyes.

Got out on Nebaggie and Minni yesterday, time spent on Nebaggie included a few hrs of getting the trailblazer free from the snow (yes we got stuck).. Careful out there.

Minni consisted of only 2 hrs fishing with a few gills n 1 crappie (released). They had the road house crappie tourney out there, so there was no lack of fish pressure!

No lack of fish pressure again yesterday on Minni, they had the Waskos Tourney. Big crappies are hard to come by out there with all the big ones getting weighed in....

Also traveled to the minong flowage hoping to find some fish, nothing. Ended the day at Lyman where we trekked miles through the deep snow, again nothing. Looked as though the spot I was on earlier this ice season got pounded out. Oh well, time to find a new spot. Weather was nice anyway, and we got plenty of excersize.

Noticed a sign on corner of P & B today. Said something along the lines of "Save the fish on lake Minni". Anyone know anything about that? I like it!

Got out for a couple hours and did some drilling and walking around. Didn't catch a lot of fish, but caught a nice base tan on my face and arms "oofda". Love fishing in my t shirt! Managed 3 dump eyes biggest was 11.5". Nice to get out and enjoy the day!!!

mrg as far as I know , Bark Bay is still iced in, I think it will be awhile before you can get out.. Do a google for Lake Superior MODIS and it will show you a Satellite Imagery of Lake Superior .

If you are itchin to get out , check out the Noth shore , I know they are ice fishing off Wisconsin Point still

A co-worker lives on the lake said it has close to 32" still out there... we had better get some warmer weather to get all that out of there. I was up in Kimballs bay on Saturday and there was 36" at least.

Yeah that's what I figured. My mother-in-law went down to visit one of her friends on the lake and drove by her place. Couldn't even drive into it. This is brutal. Got a new (to me) 50lb Minn Kota with I-Pilot. Need this stuff to go away so I can: 1. Put it on the boat, 2. Try out that electronic anchor. It's only a 12v so I will be getting rid of one battery and one big freaking anchor from the front of my boat.

Raider, I'm thinking positive, I put away all the ice gear and stowed away the portable and started mounting the stuff on the big lake boat yesterday, so I hope we can get some warm weather