• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Looking to take a kid fishing and was wondering where I should look for fishing lake nebagamon. Just looking to get a child hooked on fishing. I would also consider going to another local lake if someone knows something.

Thanks

Apparently no one is fishing it. Usually the guys who frequent this board are fairly open. I usually fish Minnesuing (about 10 miles southwest of Neb.) but haven't recently in the winter. Nebagamon is a better lake anyways. Do you have a sled/4wheeler/car or are you on foot? If you have a smartphone and are willing to spend $10.00 the Navionics app is really good. If you go down the Dairy Queen road off Highway B you come out on the public beach. Using that as a reference point go to your left and the bank seems to drop off quicker than to the right. You could head ESE a bit across the lake and it looks like a nice point to try. Heading south the lake kind of necks down with a nice looking point on the eastern side. Otherwise, look for the "ice villages". They're usually on fish. Nebagamon has multiple species: Walleyes, northerns, crappies, sunfish, bass, perch. There isn't a bait store in town but if you're going through Superior, stop at the Bait Box and they might have some solid information. If you're coming up 53 from Eau Claire, try stopping at the Mercantile in Solon Springs. They have bait and might have recent news. Good luck.

Hows everyone doing?  I have been fishing as much as I can, but not doing a great job sharing info.  Fish are defin getting into patterns, especially the vulnerable gills n craps.  One must be careful not to pick on these fish if you want to help contribute to future success of your respective waters.  Live bait and gulp have been doing good fior us so far this season.  Water temps are climbing and before you know it we will be in our summer "dog days"  good luck out there...

Hows everyone doing?  I have been fishing as much as I can, but not doing a great job sharing info.  Fish are defin getting into patterns, especially the vulnerable gills n craps.  One must be careful not to pick on these fish if you want to help contribute to future success of your respective waters.  Live bait and gulp have been doing good fior us so far this season.  Water temps are climbing and before you know it we will be in our summer "dog days"  good luck out there...

I'm heading to Nebagamon this weekend.  I usually have good luck in 6 ft. This time of year.  Jarrid, PM me if you have better info to share.

That's a great starting point.  We did okay on a guide trip there last weekend.  Big fish was 23" (obviously released).  Remember let em go let em grow.  These lakes could use a boost with some help from responsible anglers not keeping all the nice breeding walleyes... or gills/craps for that matter.  good luck

Took a Saturday off of hauling the boat to area waters and decided to camp out with friends and do some shore fishing.  Camped on the Croix Flowage and had a lot of fun catching a bunch of pannies.  Nothing big, anyone that know this lake, knows it has a lot of small gills/crappies.  Once in a while we would get a better fish, but we let em go to help contribute to the (hopefully) future success.  Many people were fishing, and did notice many liked to keep fish.  I did not keep any, but a couple of people we were camping with kept enough for a small fish fry.  I was hoping to catch some smallies and pike but settled for the gillz.  The highlight was catching a bunch of crappies after dark with minnows under floats (what a blast). 

Area reports are coming in pretty slow, we are seeing fish, but success is pending on time put in on the water.  Best catches have been the gill bites.  However, smallies, largies, pike and the rest have been cooperating as well.  It seems as though the summer pattern is taking over meaning the best bites are at sun up and un down.  And during the week (less recreational boating traffic).  Look for the coming hot days to dwindle down most successful trips, however, we will still keep our finger on the pulse of the NW WI pristine fishing waters of Douglas Cty.  See ya on the water.... 

002.JPG

5-5-151.jpg

7-8-15.jpg

Been really quiet around here lately.  I apologize that I have not been getting my normal posts up but we were having difficulties adapting to the new FM/HSO upgrades.  Now that we have that figured out, I will again start to engage in the forums, and in particular this one for sure.  So how is fishing been for you guys this open water season.  We have again had a banner year.  Looking forward to the hunting season remainder and then the hard water season!!

pike.jpg

12143116_981765817640_2811803337880992612_n.jpg

12143116_979640666460_1747962942193952494_n.jpg