• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Quoting Jarrid:

"Ya back at her today. Still catching bass.. This warm up has made things wet, but there is good ice on portions of the lake, that is why I am still fishi.......glurg!... gasp!...Hack!...... gulp! smile

Be careful guys. The ice is still pretty dicey. W/lots of current in the north end.

PP is right. Everyone should be checking there own ice and not rely on others.... It is still early and there is a lot of dangerous ice. Be careful!

Decided to do another lake this weekend And found Nice walleye bite is happening with tip up action. Last night we went 3 for 4 with the biggest being 26". Also caught the usual pike n bass during daytime hours. This ice was 5-6" solid, so that was encouraging (we are getting there). Before you know it there will be trucks and snow sleds/wheelers and people all over the place. Kind of nice not having that now

I was out there this morning ice is not good. 2-3". Did end up with 1 walleye though. Not going back out there for a couple weeks. Yesterday we did Delta and Finger out in iron river area. Caught lots of fish but none were quality like the ones last week. It was nice to get into a crappie bite though after dark. Back to ULSC for dark and who knows for tomorrow. Hopefully fish will cooperate

Hit ULSC the last few days and have been hot on te pike bite. Lots of the 1-3 lb nortens that have been fun to C&R mostly caught on tip ups throughout the daytime. Was able to land a 17.5 Walter tonight which I kept to eat for a Holiday Dinner. It was a windy, cold and blowing snow type of afternoon, but nontheless a nice time to fish (just like "all" the time)... Happy holidays guys wink

Happy New Year guys! Hope 2013 brings everyone great fishn n hunting stories! Been out the last few days and fishing has been okay... Targeting gills n craps and finding some success. Make sure to tune into the FOX 21 9 o'clock news to see a nice little story on fishing the twin ports!

Long day at her today! Traveled to minong/wascott area. Searches out gills on Sand, then drilled all over the flowage (nothing). Water level is down and it does not look promising. Ended on ULSC with the other 100 anglers for the night. Found a few crappies, but nothing to brag about. Hope tomorrow brings better fishing

Super pumped to see one of my favorite lakes come around again with nice size crappies. Hopefully it don't get fished out, but my feeling is its only a matter of time. Guy came up to me and told me he has kept 3 limits of gills from minnusuing so far this year (Not cool). And to talk to him on the lake that is coming back around, not cool! At least he doesn't have a graph because I out fished him 5-1. Anyway, kept 4 (enough for a meal) and let go about 10 others... Got a group of gentlemen from Menominee tomorrow. Looking forward to having a nice outing and teaching clients about importance of conservation and introducing them to "recycled fish" program! Gd night!!!

Brought some guys from Menominee out to a "under the radar lake" Fishing was tremendous until about 530, then she slowed way down! Ended up catching some where's around 65 decent crappies and 1 walleye. Kept 20 and the water eye between 5 guys. Let lots of fish go throughout the day. Awesome day on the water. Crappie minnow, even chubs, and waxies worked well. I think when it got windy things shut down, but again fantastic outing...

Fishing was great as the rain moved in Thursday night. Finished with 9 eyes a couple pike and a few perch on a area lake. Fish were biting after dark (eyes) which was fun...

Yesterday hit another area lake and sheesh. Talking 4" of water in some areas. Holes were filling with the gross foam and o make matters worse we fished for almost 8 hours and caught 2 fish (1 pike and 1 walleye).

Jarrid,

Thinking about hitting the Mighty Minnie sometime soon. What's the ice like? Are they driving on it? Got a spot by the public boat landing I would like to try as well as my rock pile. Rock pile will be an interesting adventure as my 12 year old GPS conked out sometime last winter. I've got my landmarks but I'm thinking it will take a few "test holes" to get where I want to be. Thanks.

Hello fellow anglers. Wondering a couple things. First, is Nebagamon clear enough for an underwater camera? Second, any reports out of the Pike Lake chain in Iron River? Anyone hear anything about Millicent? I would sure appreciate any feedback!! Thanks!!

Haven't had a chance to post in a while for I have been fishing across border. Finally got back to a "home lake" and did quite well on crappies. Fish were hitting on minnows (golden shiners, fat heads & crappie minnows) as well as waxies...After many consecutive weeks chasin eyes, it was nice to get back to a crappie bite

0F726E41-B20E-4A0E-91A9-6D084476C42F-275