• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Search and destroy

Eric Wettschreck

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

The Outdoor Pro Series Flutter jigs are becoming one of my favorite panfish lures. They seem to attract better AND trigger the bite a bit better as well.

I still have a soft spot for JB Lures Ju Ju as well as the tried and true Go Devil.

I'm also going to have to check out that Lindy Flyer. Seems like it might be a pretty good search lure as well.

I agree with these triggering the bite! I fish on a small lake for rainbows, and they will absolutely NOT bite on anything unless it has the fluttering blades. I have tried everything and now only put these down the hole when I am on that lake!

This "style" of ice jig has actually been a secret weapon of mine for the last 3 years or so. There are a few other companies that have made a similar jig with the little flutter blades on them for awhile and I've used them extensively for panfish.

I have a little panfish honey hole that has really stained pea soup water clarity to it and a flutter style jig like this is my go-to on that lake, in white glow color. I've also had no problem on clear water lakes as well.

Its a great lure style and I like to tip mine with a couple eurolarvae fished under my St Croix Legend spring bobber.

[From Admin: For ease of use-Outdoor Pro Series Flutter jigs-Click Here.]

Last year at a GTG airjer gave me one of these jigs. The next day I took it down to a small lake close to home just to get out for the day not thinking I would get much. SO I tied on the flutter jig let it down the collum and and slam!!! For three straight hours I hooked into the biggest gills I have ever seen come out of a lake in my life! I have not been fishing for long but it was the best day I ever had on the ice. These jigs work so well, if there are fish in the area you will catch them with this jig! Thanks again airjer.

My kids got a ton of the Outdoor Pro Store jigs at the Kids FM Get Together last year and well, Dad used some fishing afterwards grin.

There was one jig (I forget and will look into it) that took precedence over my Ratzo and hair jigs.

The Outdoor Pro Store has many other good jigs also wink!

Matt Johnson at T-bro's a couple weeks back was using this same style flutter jig during a demonstration at one of their seminars. He had a great tip also. To maximize perfecting the action of this flutter jig, fill a large glass vase or a clear plastic bucket and jig while you are sitting in your arm chair at home. You can watch how different wrist movements cause different actions with this jig. Sounds funny, but I have been doing it and learning new tricks and techniques for when I hit the ice wink.