• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone ever have this happen

MNbrewer44

Made it out to a metro lake this afternoon. I scouted and found a good hole to set up a tip up. I clipped on a depth finder to find the bottom and pulled in a few feet to put a marker on the line. Next thing I know there is a 18" largemouth on the the other end. I had clipped the depth finder onto the quickstrike rig. No bait whatsoever. Kinda makes a guy think about all the money I have spent on lures and bait and this whole time all it took was a orange chunk of lead! Anyone ever have this happen?

My buddy had to retie and dropped his jig off the side with a depth bomb attached to set up. Caught one before it even hit the bottom. We stumbled into feeding frenzy of dinky walleye and they were hitting anything that came by though. Our bobbers were going down before they even stood up.

Oh yeah...one time fishin Mille Lacs with a slip bobber I dropped it down to check the depth with a orange depthfinder. When I went to reel up I thought it was caught in the rocks and pulled up a 20+ inch walleye...I think I lost the depthfinder in the process I'm not complaining though.

i had that happen to me once last year i did a lot of tip uping and had a big pike nale it really hard riped the line right out of my hands ...well i got hime to the hole and snaped my line .......but he got my depth finder !!!!!!!!!

You ain't going to believe me but I'll tell this story anyways. Walked the railroad tracks into a lake in Washington county that a buddy said we had permision to fish. Get on the lake and notice guys sitting on the bank watching their tipups out on the lake. I thought that was strange as we headed out across the lake to the other side. Got to the other side and a buddy is setting up his tip up with depth bomb...he pulls out a northern, I'm doing the same with my depth bomb...I pull out a northern....our other buddy is setting his tipup....that's right...same thing....then the first buddy puts his line down again with the depth bomb and catches another one....that's right 4 northerns on depth bombs in less than a minute! We finally got shiners on and the flags wouldn't stay down...this lake was loaded with 2 lb northerns! We were not there long before a guy walks out with a two way radio and ask what we're doing out there....turns out we didn't have permission to be there as my one buddy thought and we were asked to leave. So did the guys hiding on the bank....all made sense now, guy who asked us to leave couldn't see those guys from the building he was in but he could see us on the other side of the lake plain as day. That was a crazy 15mn of fishing though.

I've had muskies and pike take off with my Aquaview camera. Kind of cool to see them coming. They always spit it out after a short run.

Mark,

Have you ever thought of putting an Eagle Claw 374 on that thing?

However, that would be one of your fishing lines in the water I guess.

I had that happen once on Coon lake fishing late season panfish. Was putting second hole down using a depth charge (weight) when it suddenly stopped going down at about 8 feet (15 ft water).

It felt real heavy, then started pulling back. I thought I had snagged my other line somehow but out comes a real nice 8 lb northern. Hooked with a tiny ice jig in the tip of the mouth.

Of course northern season was closed, I forgot my camera, and nobody else was around, sigh.