• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Weekend Fog

Dbl

A few from my weekend fishing trip. Fog was really thick on Sunday morning, thank goodness for GPS with mapping capability! These shots were just before it got real thick.

#1 50D, ISO 100, f4.5, 1/400s, manual exposure, 17-40 lens.

409039030_ZEDQS-L.jpg

#2 Same settings as above.

409038923_izGmj-L.jpg

#3 50D, ISO100, f5.0, 1/640s, manual.

409099187_QqwZV-L.jpg

The only thing I noticed Dan is that the vertical one is about 2 degrees off of level or so. Ever since I started seeing that in some of my older photos I have been working to perfect it, and I know you are a perfectionist. Nothing a quick tweek in PS can't handle though. Did you take your left shoe off for that pic? wink

It could be a little trickery with the image though.

Hey no problem Tom and you are correct about being a perfectionist. I think your eyes might be fooled somewhat though. I looked at that myself and the fog bank on the distant shore appears to be throwing things off. The end of the dock is level which I know is also level with the lake.

Of course shooting sports the first thing I check for are horizontals and verticals. I always find it more accurate to use verticals to make sure everything is straight. This one really has no verticals to check for square so I was stuck with a fog bank and dock.

Sometimes I will change a shot even though its level because your eye tells you something is not right. In this case if I rotate it to make the shore look level your eye will go right to that dock and that will look tilted. So I guess its a toss up and in this one I decided to stay with the dock and let the fog do its thing, though that may be the wrong thing.

Thanks to all for the comments.

I kinda figured the dock was the basis for level, and after looking at it again I can see what you are saying. I just wish I could get out and find light like that some day. Nothing short of amazing, no matter what way you look at it.

Again thanks for pointing it out Tom, I sure has heck don't get it right all that often so its easy to miss things. I think it raises some good points as well on different aspects of a photo and what works and doesn't work.

Feel free to point something out anytime Tom or others reading as well, I'm a big dude who can handle C&C. Can't think of a better way to improve!