• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone successul yet??

splakeshaker

deerandshit056.jpgdeerandshit055.jpg

Got my biggest archery deer last night. I almost peed my pants when I seen him walking out. I didn't see anything at all and I was about to leave when I heard something coming in fast. He came through my shooting lane and just stopped perfectly broad side at about 30 yards. At first I thought I missed him and I had the worst feeling ever. I clipped the bottom of his heart, he still made it about 100 yards. The body is absolutely huge, and the rack is pretty decent. That's a hunt I'll never forget.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it me, or have we been seeing an abnormal amount of just plain big bucks on here? I have only seen a few that were immature, and those that were mature, almost all score way above Pope and Young standards. Thats awesome guys. Keep it up.

A friend emailed me a picture of a buck his brother in law shot. The deer was shot October 19th, weighed 218 lbs and the green score is 190. It has 17 measurable points annd a 22 1/4" spread.

I can't acces any photo sharing sites from work, so if anyone could help, I can send the pic for it to get posted.

Thanks,

Jim

Was able to make the first hunt at Ripley. Went in there for my first Camp hunt ever with the mindset of taking a doe, and would be lucky to see a decent buck without some previous knowledge of Camp. Well I got to see a large 8 pt, pass on a 6, see several does/fawns, scout/hunt a lot of areas, and end up harvesting a young doe Monday afternoon at 4:15. I would like to say I was very fortunate/successful smile Now on to the serious hunting...Halloween is just a few days away now!

To add pics, upload them to a photosite like photobucket, then copy the direct link from the photosight. Then come back to this sight, create a post, click the box that looks like a picture with a bent tab in the upper right corner, 4th one from the left. A task bar will pop up, paste the photo's url in the box. Hit OK, and you are done.

Or email them to me at nashasticker @ yahoodotcom, and I'll try and get them on for you tomorrow.