• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

We got passed by a what?????

BANDERSO

A few weeks ago we were out on Cass Lake boating around the lake in a new glastron 185 w/ a 4.3 liter. It was nearing the end of the day so we were on our way to dock the boat. My friend who owned the boat had basically just finished breaking the motor in so he wanted to open up the throttle. We were clipping along the beautiful waters of Cass at approx 43 mph and I noticed a boat behind us catching up fairly easily but didn't pay much attention to it because it looked like a bigger rig and not johnny law, besides we were not doing anything illegal anyways. Low and behold I look to the starboard side of the boat and the boat I had noticed earlier had caught up and was now overtaking our boat at a high rate of speed. We all really started to take notice at this time because the boat turned out to be a pontoon passing us like we were standing still!!! Remember we still had the boat traveling at 43, and this pontoon just whizzed past us at about 60??? I wish I had a video of it because it was amazing. I couldn't tell if it was a tri-toon but it had 300 merc over each pontoon and about all that was in the water were both the props on those 300's.

I was at Crestliner last month and they had a 2750ft pontoon with a Bravo 3 outdrive (counter-rotaing props), I was puzzled and I climbed to look under hood and had a nice Mercruiser 502 FI. shocked I asked if it had a parachute to stop it !!! It was a Tri-toon, where the 3rd (middle) pontoon is a little lower than the side ones, at higher speed it travels just on the center one, the others are just like...training wheels on a bike.

lol, thats pretty crazy stuff. The middle tube that you were looking at is going to be bigger then the outside tubes, and the reason for it is to hold the weight of the motor that is in the boat.

There is other people out there that are making huge monster boats. There is one that is coming out with another new model that will hold some monster power on it as well.

The owners of Premier pontoons have a big one up at Vermillion and they also test the toons down in the Gulf off of Florida. They have run three 300's off the back with a top speed of seventy 1 miles an hour on a thiry footer. Not to bad for a party barge!

Tunrevir~

A couple of years ago we had a tournament on Forest Lake and there were a bunch of these high powered pontoons racing around the northern-most end of the lake for a few hours. Easily could compete in speed with most bass boats. Seemed like they were giving demo rides or something because they would go out and put it through its paces and then go back to dock only to come out again and repeat the process.

I used to have a Bennington tri-toon with a 90 2 stroke Merc and it would get up and go! I used to pull two tubers or skiers and you should see the looks I would get when pulling out of a dock and you kick it in the a$$ and take off! Too funny. The tri-toon really helps to steer more like a boat rather than a party barge, you can take sharper turns because the boat will get on the two pontoons closest to the way you are turning and cut the water better.

Windy

A couple of years ago we had a tournament on Forest Lake and there were a bunch of these high powered pontoons racing around the northern-most end of the lake for a few hours. Easily could compete in speed with most bass boats. Seemed like they were giving demo rides or something because they would go out and put it through its paces and then go back to dock only to come out again and repeat the process.

That would also have been Premier pontoons. They stage them at Gene Hallbergs house and use them to demo and do brochure photo shoots. The toon with the triples was pulling eight skiers behind it that day as well. The pontoons are pretty fun to watch but pale in comparison to the bikini clad accesories that they use for the photo shoots. whistle

Tunrevir~

Yeah I've seen em on Cass at Star Island a few times. It has two Mercury 300 hp motors on it and it was called a Powertoon 22 footer. I heard these people are from Florida and has a Cabin on a nearby lake not far from Cass. I heard it costs 160 grand....quite expensive but a sight to see!