Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zamboni

Fantasy Chatter

103 posts in this topic

Our draft is tomorrow night, got our order e-mailed to me yesterday- 10th in a 10 man league. It is a rebound draft, so I will get the next (11th) pick as well. Thinking a RB and Moss if hes available- if he's not, then 2 RBs.

BTW- hows everyone think Peytons injury will affect his fantasy draft and numbers this year?

i don't know, but romo was picked ahead of peyton in TWO drafts that i've been in.

i sat back and picked up quality receivers while others fought over the top qb's. then, nabbed carson palmer in the 9th round.

I don't think there will be a HUGE drop in peyton's #'s but they will level off a bit especially with harrison's decline.

Just got back from my draft my team looks as follows:

QB: Drew Brees, Marc Bulger

RB: LJ, MJD, DeAngello Williams, Fred Taylor, Ray Rice

WR: Randy Moss, Brandon Marshall, Hines Ward, Javon Walker, Sidney Rice

K: Shayne Graham, Rob Bironas

A couple good players but im starting to doubt the depth at WR we start 2 RB's and 3 WR/TE's each week. Fred Taylor was more of a hundcuff for MJD, might have to trade him for a solid WR as the season progresses.

What do you guys think?

Craig- I was told today MJD got hurt last night but haven't seen anything about it online. You heard anything?

I heard ankle sprain. I think MoJo will be okay.

haven't heard that. good thing I grabbed Fragile Freddie

My team:

QBs- Derek Anderson and Jeff Garcia

RBs- Maurice Jones-Drew, Kevin Smith, Willis McGahee and Ahmad Bradshaw

WRs-Terrell Owens, Anthony Gonzalez, Jeremy Shockey, Antawn Randle El, Amani Toomer

Ks- Nate Kaeding, Mike Nugent

Defense- Vikes

QB Carson Palmer

RB Steven Jackson

RB Willis McGahee

WR Reggie Wayne

WR Andre Johnson

TE Kellen Winslow

WR/RB Dwayne Bowe

K Ryan Longwell

DEF Pittsburgh

Bench Willie Parker

Bench J. Cotchery

Bench Matt Forte

Bench Derrick Mason

Bench Tony Scheffler

Bench Matt Schaub

This is my draft from last week. I was pleased. Only problem I have is that both of my QB's have the same bye week, but oh well.

Had my last draft last night and let me say some of these people that are in this league are morons its an 8 team league due to 2 people dropping out. They were taking kickers and 1/2 arse QB's by the 5th round. We start 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1K,1DEF

here is what I ended up with

QB- RODGERS,DELHOMME

RB- ADDAI,GRANT,WCGAHEE,K.SMITH

WR- OWENS,FITZGERALD,HOLT,R.WILLIAM(DET),JENNINGS,HARRISON

TE- D.CLARK,J.SHOCKEY

K- P.DAWSON

DEF- SEATTLE

My QB's arent that great due to taking them my last 2 picks but other than that I am pretty solid.

Nice looking squad. Stacked at WR, pretty deep at RB. QB might not be as strong as the other positions, but maybe Rodgers or Delhomme will step it up.

I think Delhommes set to have a great season.

BTW, I hear what you are saying about K's being taken early, but I got laughed at when I took the Vikes "D" early, but they scored a ton of points last year.

I had a friend draft for me since I was previously busy. Gave him instructions and did ok. 14 team league

QB Derek Anderson, Philip Rivers

RB Westbrook, Jonathon Stewart, Kenny Watson and two scrubs I dunno WHY he picked

WR Colston, Calvin Johnson, Joey Galloway

TE- Tony Scheffler, Desmond Clark

K - Kasay

DEF - Pit

Some good teams. See a lot of Derek Anderson, grabbed him too.

QB: D. Anderson

RB: C.Portis, J.Lewis, E.James, F.Taylor

WR: T.O., M.Colston, G.Jennings, L.Coles, D.Stallworth

TE: J.Witten, T.Gonzalez

K: N.Folk

Def: Chargers

My one regret- picking the Chargers while the Vikes were available.

This also left me with a team void of the Purple. Shame on me.

Merriman's going to play on it. Sure hope he has one of those Kevin McHale under the table agreements cause he could blow any future money by wrecking himself for life.

Rudi Johnson just landed in Detroit. We'll see if he's got anything left in the tank.

ill have to get my teams up here to see what you guys think

In the 14th of 16 rounds right now, 12 player league and I had the 4th pick (wrap around style).

So far

QB: Hasselbeck (keeper from last year, cost me an 8th round pick)

Favre

RB: Addai, LJ, S. Slaton, Justin Fargas, TJ Duckett and Mike Hart

WR: Ocho Cinco, Santana Moss, DJ Hackett

TE: Shockey

Def: Tampa

No kicker yet, but that is next and my 15th and 16th picks will be receivers.

Got stuck on the road last night when my last draft of the year was held. Funny thing was nobody called me. LUCKILY, I did my predraft rankings and still had a pretty good draft. 8 team league with 2 IDPs, 2 receivers, 2 backs, TE, K, QB, DEF, and a flex.

Roethlisberger

B. Marshall

S. Holmes

B. Westbrook

R. Grant

T. Gonzalez

MoJo D

Edge

Fred Taylor's Groin

Jerricho Cotchery

Kurt Warner

P. Dawson

Seattle

Tennesse

A. Cromartie

S. Jones

10 team league, 20 yards per point/6 points per TD for QB and I had the 9th pick

1QB 3WR 2RB 1TE 1K 1D:

Tony Romo

Reggie Wayne

Jamal Lewis

Wes Welker

Calvin Johnson

Edgerrin James

Matt Forte

Owen Daniels

Donte' Stallworth

Nate Burleson

Kevin Smith

Vincent Jackson

Drew Bennett

Ryan Longwell

Seattle

Well, someone drafted Rudi Johnson as a late rounder in ours, but noone drafted Chris Perry. WOOPS!

#6 pick in a 12 team league: RB-Marion Barber, Willie Parker, Ricky Williams, Ronnie Brown WRS: Colston-S. Smith-Cothcery-S. Rice-D Bennett TE: L.J Smith QB:Favre-Delhomme K: Vikes D: Chicago......happy with the team at this point but we will see in a couple weeks.

QB's-Brady

Warner

RB's-

Barber

MJD

Bush

James

WR's

Colston

Jennings

Calvin Johnson

Welker