• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Good Deed For the Day!

hanson

Big tip of the hat to our man "Dtro" for being a friend to the flathead!

We came across a few Y-Sticks in a popular shorefishing area last night and a white rope tied to one of the sticks caught my eye. I'll be darned if there wasn't a 4-5 lb Flathead roped through the lower jaw on the other end of that rope. I'm not quite sure what someone's thought process is when they do something like this. Maybe the 1-2 cases of empty beers cans remaining on the beach was the cause, just maybe...

Darren was the brave one to grab the rope to discover the fish on the other end. A quick cut with the knife and that bugger went free again to grow up and fight another day. It really saddens me that someone would leave a fish tied up like this.

Oh yeah... pick up your trash too! Pigs. frown

Yeah, it was too bad to see that tied up like that. Not sure what the thought was there.

The beverage of choice of the litterbugs was quite unique I can say that.

I’m not quite sure “brave” was a very good word to use because right after I turned the fish loose, the sky turned into something I can say I’ve never seen before that close up. The backside of the storm front dropped in the sky right before our eyes and came right at us full speed. A few tense moments and “Mr Brave” was taking shelter. grin

Very Cool Dtro!

I think more people keep large and small flats than we think. I think the chances of a 40lber on Pool 2 going back in the water is very slim frown.

I have no problem whatsoever with people keeping a flathead here and there. That is why we have laws and limits. I obviously would like to see the smaller ones kept is possible.

But no reason to keep a fish tied up for a couple of days.

Approx where was this? South of you Dtro? I seen a sand bar this last weekend with a group of 10 people or so, drunk at 6pm. Tents up beer cans all over, I was wondering if it was the same?

I know I have told this one, but I found a channel tied with fishing line to a floating plastic bottle of Dew. He was on there for a while judging by how sore the area looked. I sent him on his way.

Good work darren on releasing the flat dtro. I know of plenty that got kept and taken out of state over the weekend. Too bad people fished out the rivers in their own state and are trying to do the same to the ones in MN. Apparently no one cares about the one fish per day over 24" either. Makes me sick every time I see it.

Wow, good job releasing that fish. I can't believe people would tie it up and come back the next day to get it. Well, I guess nothing surprises me THAT much any more, I've grown cynical.